Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aboissonneau
What's DOS?
Views: 197
Message 1 of 3

Y580 Hard Disk recovery

I am a proud owner of a Y580 with a 1 TB HDD.  My Notebook finally gave up the ghost after years of abuse (including a 8 months of me dragging it around Afghanistan) but the HDD seems to still function, so I wanted to recover some data I had on it. 

I purchased a Hard Drive Dock and I was able to mount the drive but I am only able to access the 24.42 GB LENOVO partition, not the 887.57 GB OEM Partition which is where all the files I want reside.  Anyone have any idea how I can get at the data there?

I was running windows 7 on my Y580 and I have tried to access the partition on computer running both windows 7 and windows 10.

Thanks,

Andy

licht
Punch Card
Views: 150
Message 2 of 3

Re: Y580 Hard Disk recovery

is your hard disk is in GPT mode? have you try to convert it to MBR?

LenBlazer
Bit Torrent
Views: 140
Message 3 of 3

Re: Y580 Hard Disk recovery

@aboissonneau wrote:

I am a proud owner of a Y580 with a 1 TB HDD.  My Notebook finally gave up the ghost after years of abuse (including a 8 months of me dragging it around Afghanistan) but the HDD seems to still function, so I wanted to recover some data I had on it. 

I purchased a Hard Drive Dock and I was able to mount the drive but I am only able to access the 24.42 GB LENOVO partition, not the 887.57 GB OEM Partition which is where all the files I want reside.  Anyone have any idea how I can get at the data there?

I was running windows 7 on my Y580 and I have tried to access the partition on computer running both windows 7 and windows 10.

Thanks,

Andy

If you made a backup through OKR, now is the time to make a restore. If not, you can still restore to factory condition provided you have the okr disc sets.

Sorry, your data may not be recoverable except as stated above.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors