Message 11 of 26

Re: Y580 NSDSvc Event Viewer Errors

My y480 doesn't have mSata

AJAXX
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,200
Message 12 of 26

Same problem here with 100's of error and warning messages in the event viewer right out of the gate on first boot and this concerns me. When are you going to address this Lenovo? This is tarnishing your otherwise great product...
TheProfessor52
Paper Tape
Views: 3,181
Message 13 of 26

I have  a Y580 without mSATA config and get the same errors "An error has occurred (---query POLICYVT key success failed with 0, The Code is:0x424.)" after checking my error log. I did a factory recovery via One Key Recovery a few weeks ago, so I don't think this is a solution. Any help on this subject would be appreciated.

countrywise
Broadband 3G
Views: 3,166
Message 14 of 26

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 3,163
Message 15 of 26

Guys,

The Y580 I am using is running retail Win 7 thus when I go through the event viewer I am not getting the error as stated in the first post. I'm just curious, do you all notice any issues despite the error which you are getting?

For those who are having laptop slowing down, do you run any HDD encryption applications and try disabling the AntiVirus and see if that is the cause of the slower boot up.

Do note that applications which you enable to start when Windows boots does take a tow on the boot up time.

Thanks

*Non Lenovo employee*

I have a Y530 ... Feel free to highlight any post which you have posted on the forum to me if no one have chimed in.
countrywise
Broadband 3G
Views: 3,162
Message 16 of 26

And  an excessive number of system restore points,

also takes its toll,on the boot up time.

AJAXX
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,156
Message 17 of 26

Thanks countrywise for the link to that very information article. I never knew about the Reliability Monitor until reading this. Much easier to troubleshoot with it seems.

It still seems to me that a brand new computer should have zero error messages out of the box. I have tried searching for information on a few of the errors but come up empty handed.

countrywise
Broadband 3G
Views: 3,153
Message 18 of 26

@AJAXX wrote:

Thanks countrywise for the link to that very information article. I never knew about the Reliability Monitor until reading this. Much easier to troubleshoot with it seems.

It still seems to me that a brand new computer should have zero error messages out of the box. I have tried searching for information on a few of the errors but come up empty handed.

You're very welcome AJAXX,

yes the tutorial does make it easier to troubleshoot.

Which errors do you have trouble with now?

And do they affect your use of the pc?

Please give details.

TheProfessor52
Paper Tape
Views: 3,129
Message 19 of 26

I was able to resolve the error by uninstalling the NSDSvc application. The application is used for Lenovo fast boot technology to speed boot times for mechanical hard drives. I installed an SSD so this is not needed in my case.

After uninstalling the above, the error no longer appears in the Windows Event Viewer. Hope this helps.

AJAXX
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,108
Message 20 of 26

Well, I am at this point just ticked that errors are showing up at all on a brand new computer.  This indicates to me that something is not right and most likely my performance is probably suffering in some way.  Just as troubling is that when I do a search for that service on the net nothing really shows up of any significance in terms of help.  (read my forthcoming reply to the other poster on this service)

The only real problem I seem to be having otherwise  that is blatantly obvious  though is I have a USB 3 flash drive and I am not getting any better than 7-8 MBs average with it.  The drive is empty when I attempt to transfer 1 GB worth of files to it yet it takes several minutes. The driver for it was installed by Windows when it was first inserted.  What is odd is that the date of the driver is 3/06, well before usb3.  Can't update the driver either since Windows doesn't seem to want to let me.

I don't know if I have a bad/wrong driver or a bad stick - I think there have only been a few complaints regarding the speed of the stick, maybe I'm just unlucky!

Anyhow, if you have any insight on this issue I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks again!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors