Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AJAXX
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,797
Message 21 of 26

Re: Y580 NSDSvc Event Viewer Errors

Well, that's one way to deal with it!  I kind of like having the boot optimizer though, but not if it causes any real trouble. 

I tried disabling it in services but it wouldn't let me.  Also tried unchecking in msconfig - no cooperation there either.

I'll probably just live wit it and hope for a fix.

countrywise
Broadband 3G
Views: 2,779
Message 22 of 26

@AJAXX wrote:

Well, I am at this point just ticked that errors are showing up at all on a brand new computer.  This indicates to me that something is not right and most likely my performance is probably suffering in some way.  Just as troubling is that when I do a search for that service on the net nothing really shows up of any significance in terms of help.  (read my forthcoming reply to the other poster on this service)

The only real problem I seem to be having otherwise  that is blatantly obvious  though is I have a USB 3 flash drive and I am not getting any better than 7-8 MBs average with it.  The drive is empty when I attempt to transfer 1 GB worth of files to it yet it takes several minutes. The driver for it was installed by Windows when it was first inserted.  What is odd is that the date of the driver is 3/06, well before usb3.  Can't update the driver either since Windows doesn't seem to want to let me.

I don't know if I have a bad/wrong driver or a bad stick - I think there have only been a few complaints regarding the speed of the stick, maybe I'm just unlucky!

Anyhow, if you have any insight on this issue I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks again!

The errors you said you're having,are they ONLY showing up in the Event  viewer?

İf so don't worry about them.

İf you get error messages in Windows,those are the ones,to pay attention to.

Unless i'm looking for something specific,i hardly ever check out the event  viewer.

re the USB 3 flash drive,if it can't be updated,means there isn't one available.

thisisnotblank
What's DOS?
Views: 2,720
Message 23 of 26

I have this problem as well. Disabling the service (via removing the executable) removes the errors but other drivers fail to load. Still looking for an actual solution...

MT-Z580
Paper Tape
Views: 2,524
Message 24 of 26

Having same issue with lots of NSDsvc errors in application event log on every boot.. Brand new Z580. The errors, as others mention, are there from the initial boot up and setup of the laptop. As with others I feel  'disabling' it is not the solution. It needs to be fixed and since it is happening on lots of machines it should not be flagged as 'user error'. Anyone know how we would know if Lenovo is looking at this as a problem to be resolved and how we would get advised there is a solution?

nme
What's DOS?
Views: 2,383
Message 25 of 26

I also have these NSDsvc errors out of the box. I really would like to see this problem resolved! 

Sheri625
Blue Screen Again
Views: 2,291
Message 26 of 26

I too am having these same errors occur on my still relatively new Z585.  

Log Name: Application
Source: NSDSvc
Date: 2/12/2013 9:02:51 AM
Event ID: 256
Task Category: None
Level: Error
Keywords: Classic
User: N/A
Computer: Sheri-PC
Description:
An error has occurred (---query POLICYVT key success failed with 0, The Code is:0x424.).
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
<System>
<Provider Name="NSDSvc" />
<EventID Qualifiers="49154">256</EventID>
<Level>2</Level>
<Task>0</Task>
<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2013-02-12T15:02:51.000000000Z" />
<EventRecordID>3569</EventRecordID>
<Channel>Application</Channel>
<Computer>Sheri-PC</Computer>
<Security />
</System>
<EventData>
<Data>NSDSvc</Data>
<Data>---query POLICYVT key success failed with 0, The Code is:0x424.</Data>
</EventData>
</Event>

This is the text of the error code.  Downloads grind to a halt and then take forever to complete.  This past weekend, I finally created restore discs and used the one button recovery to return to factory settings hoping this would fix the problem.  I'm still in the process of reinstalling all of my former progams and I still have the very, VERY slow download times.  

Does Lenovo have any kind of solution for us?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors