Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Little_Charlie
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,698
Message 1 of 20

Y580 Windows reinstall issues

Hello,

I recently went through some issues with my computer which prompted me to start fresh with a new Windows install. I received a recovery disk from Lenovo, and went through the reinstallation process. I've had some issues with reinstalling drivers, but most of them are working fine. My main issue however, is with the Rapid Boot technology and the Rapid Storage technology.

I ordered the Y580 that came with a 32 GB SSD for cache. As far as I am aware, the disk is not currently being used for cache. If it is, it is an incredibly slow SSD (which it's not, it was blazing fast before the windows reinstall). Does anyone have any advice of how I can set up the SSD to be used as cache using the Intel Rapid Storage Technology utility? Some people have suggested that a RAID configuration is necessary, but as has been stated on other threads, there is no option for it in the BIOS, even on a laptop where it should be an option.

In regards to the Rapid Boot Technology, when I try to run the setup program, it says "this computer does not meet the minimum requirements for installing the software" which is ridiculous considering it was previously installed on the computer. I'm currently booting in at a sluggish 50 - 60 seconds whereas I was booting in 15 - 20 seconds before the reinstall.

I am not particularly knowledgeable about computers, so I don't even know where to start.

ishaan
Bit Torrent
Views: 1,692
Message 2 of 20

Re: Y580 Windows reinstall issues

Please try reinstalling all the drivers related to storage management from the D drive and not from internet. Also load default settings in the BIOS setup utility. Press F9 or the desegnated button to do so.(All the functional keys are written below in the setup.) Also run boot optimizer once too.
Did you buy the recovery disk or made them from onekey recovery?
Ishaan Ideapad Y560(i3 330m), Hp Elitebook 8460p!(i5-2520M) Hp Pavilion n208tx(i5-4200u)
If you think a post helped you, then you can give Kudos to the post by pressing the Star on the left of the post. If you think a post solved your problem, then mark it as a solution so that others having the same problem can refer to it.
Little_Charlie
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,683
Message 3 of 20

There is currently nothing on my D drive from which to reinstall.

I bought the recovery disk from Lenovo.
ishaan
Bit Torrent
Views: 1,674
Message 4 of 20

Then do a one key recovery as it would factory reset the latop with windows which came preinstalled. Just switch on laptop with the small button near the power button and then boot into OKR. Then click one key recovery and highlight to initial backup and click next. Then see if the problem persists. However if you have resized your partition OKR may not work.
Ishaan Ideapad Y560(i3 330m), Hp Elitebook 8460p!(i5-2520M) Hp Pavilion n208tx(i5-4200u)
If you think a post helped you, then you can give Kudos to the post by pressing the Star on the left of the post. If you think a post solved your problem, then mark it as a solution so that others having the same problem can refer to it.
Little_Charlie
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,626
Message 5 of 20

Unfortunately, the One Key Recovery button no longer works. When I push this button, the computer simply boots into Windows. I can see the OKR partition on the hard drive with files on it, but it does not boot into OKR when I push the button.
ishaan
Bit Torrent
Views: 1,623
Message 6 of 20

the okr partition is supposed to be hidden. how can you see files on it? and take a look here if anything helps you.. http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-3000-and-Essential/Disk-Partitioning-and-OneKey-Recovery-Feature/...
Little_Charlie
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,618
Message 7 of 20

I do not know why I can see it, but I can. I'm installing the engineering program now to fix the OKR button. Hopefully that will enable the button to work and I can restore the computer to its previous state.
ishaan
Bit Torrent
Views: 1,601
Message 8 of 20

<p>Dont reinstal OKR. Repair buttont with option 3. Reinstalling will remove current backup also.

Little_Charlie
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,560
Message 9 of 20

I repaired the program with option 3, but the OKR button still does not boot into the OKR utility.
Little_Charlie
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,557
Message 10 of 20

On that note, does anyone have a recovery disk for the Y580 1 TB HDD, 32 GB SSD that they could upload to a dropbox or anything of that nature? I've done some searching and nothing is showing up. I think if OKR doesn't work, that's my only other option, or else send the laptop in for service.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors