cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jboom91
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,388
Message 1 of 8

Y580 "Run with graphics processor" context option disappears.

When I first turned on my lenovo y580 I was able to right click applications and use the run with graphics processor option and choose between intel and nvidia.  After restarting I lose that option in the right click menu, its still marked as on in the nvidia control panel but I am not able to see that option any more in the context menu.  If I continue to reinstall the save nvidia driver over and over again it brings the context menu back but it leaves again if I restart.

Any ideas?

ishaan
Bit Torrent
Views: 1,359
Message 2 of 8

Re: Y580 "Run with graphics processor" context option disappears.

Hi
Some questions to ask:
When you run an application with nvidia gpu, then do other apps also stop showing the option? Or its only the specific application?
Regards
Ishaan Ideapad Y560(i3 330m), Hp Elitebook 8460p!(i5-2520M) Hp Pavilion n208tx(i5-4200u)
If you think a post helped you, then you can give Kudos to the post by pressing the Star on the left of the post. If you think a post solved your problem, then mark it as a solution so that others having the same problem can refer to it.
jboom91
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,352
Message 3 of 8

Everything loses the context option, I can't find any game or application that will show the right click context option to switch, even though its checked to be on in nvidia control panel.

Everything still works fine though, I mean if I add an application manually in nvidia control panel to specifically use the nvidia gpu it works, I just don't get the quick option in the context menu.  

Two things: I'm constantly running in lenovo dynamic graphics, and I'm using the nvidia 313 beta drivers.  Would running in lenovo dynamic graphics make me lose the option because my laptop just assumes to run everything with the 660m then?

ishaan
Bit Torrent
Views: 1,337
Message 4 of 8

Hi
I am not sure but you could try disabling it and see if the menu comes.
Ishaan Ideapad Y560(i3 330m), Hp Elitebook 8460p!(i5-2520M) Hp Pavilion n208tx(i5-4200u)
If you think a post helped you, then you can give Kudos to the post by pressing the Star on the left of the post. If you think a post solved your problem, then mark it as a solution so that others having the same problem can refer to it.
vanowm
Punch Card
Views: 1,328
Message 5 of 8

I just installed v313 driver, context menu still there.
Maybe try reinstall both nvidia and intel graphic drivers?
jboom91
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,313
Message 6 of 8

I tried turning it off, nothing.  Then I restarted it while it was turned off, still nothing.  Then I changed it back to on, nothing, Then I restarted while it was on and still nothing.  

I've reinstalled the driver before, twice, and it does work again when I restart it, but the next time I shut my computer off and turn it back on the context menu no longer shows up. :/

Highlighted
vanowm
Punch Card
Views: 1,301
Message 7 of 8

Did you try uninstall drivers before you reinstall them?
ishaan
Bit Torrent
Views: 1,296
Message 8 of 8

Hi
After checking what vanowm asked you to check, do also try using the old driver from lenovo or the drive folder.
Regards

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors