Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
yugin
Paper Tape
Views: 284
Message 21 of 22

Re: Y580 - recovery of factory image from LENOVO_PART

I am repeating now this way for recovery Windows partition on a new model of Lenovo laptop: Z51 with a windows 10 inside. And I have a important question to Lenovo programming engineers: "Are you the realistic people? Why I cannot select recovery menu when ONLY the windows partition is corrupted (windows cannot start and run)? How this genius (how imagined and realized this STUPID model of system recovery) planned to recover these type of cases? I am not joking now (after several hours of searching information and trying to recover laptop of my friend)"

->> Please, hire to work a programmer who will create for you OS independent recovery console!!!! I implore you to do this.

yugin
Paper Tape
Views: 276
Message 22 of 22

Re: Y580 - recovery of factory image from LENOVO_PART

Essue (THE PROBLEM):

Recovery 'Windows 10' to the Factory Default state when the 'Windows' partition was formatted and Lenovo Recovery Console refuses to work on Lenovo Z51.

- Reboot PC and go to the UEFI-Bios menu by pressing fn+F2.

- Go to the boot menu tab and change boot options from 'UEFI' to the 'legacy'. Then press fn+f10 and save it.

- Connect usb stick with a SystemRescueCD and again press fn+F2 to load the "Bios"

- Change boot priority to start booting from the SystemRescueCD usb-stick. Then press fn+f10 and save it.

- Boot from SystemRescueCD and after ('startx' to start X-Winows system) boot run 'gparted' program to see what kind of disk partition you have.

- On my case I had 2 'Lenovo*' partitions and only one has a 11Gb install.img file. Mount this partition by using a commnd from my previous post.

- unpack files (windows operation system with a Factory Default) by using a 7zip

- 7z x  /mnt/gentoo/path-to-correct-folder/Factory/install.img -o/mnt/windows

- in my case all files unpacked to the subfolder '1' therefore I moved their to the 'one level up' directory

- reboot and change boot menu option to the UEFI.

- then looking for the little hole near the usb and press it by using a needle to start Legacy Lenovo Recovery Console.

- Do the full system recovery from this console.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors