01-24-2013 02:51 PM
I bought my Y580 about a month ago and it has been great. The only problems I've been having with it is with the touchpad. About a week ago the synaptics software on here started to shutdown at random and things like two finger scrolling and swiping from the sides would all stop working. I searched around and downloaded updated software both from synaptic's website and from lenovo driver support. The newest ones from lenovo are the only ones that don't quit at random but now the only thing that doesn't like to work still is the two finger tap to right click. Sometimes it'll work for the first ten min when I first turn the laptop on but then it'll quit. Two finger click sometimes works for right click but not always and two finger tap for right click never works any more. And suggestions would be nice. Thanks.
Solved! Go to Solution.
01-25-2013 10:37 AM
01-29-2013 08:44 AM
Same problem after reinstalling the way you said. Two finger tap for right click works for a little while and then stops working, everything else works fine though.
02-07-2013 03:14 PM
One thing that did change when I installed it the way you said from the D drive is that in the settings the option for two finger tap for right click is there now, but it doen't seem to be working. It only worked for about 10 minutes after first installing it.
02-09-2013 04:11 PM
Found the answer to my problem on my own. Turns out that the edge-swipe option for the touchpad was screwing two finger click up if you disabled edge-swipe. I found the answer here at this page.
This guy gave the answer on that forum and said this:
So after spending a few hours on this, here's the solution if you want to disable Edge Swipe while still retaining two finger tap right click while using the Lenovo provided drivers to maintain the unique yoga features:
1. Disable Edge Swipe via the normal Synaptics settings: Control Panel -> Mouse -> Device Settings -> Settings -> Edge Swipe -> Uncheck.
2. To manually re-enable two finger tap, hit windows key + x, select "run", enter "regedit" then hit enter, and on the left pane browse to the following location:
HKEY_USERS\<SID name for your current user>\Software\Synaptics\SynTP\TouchPadPS2
3. In the right pane double click on 2FingerTapAction and change the value to a "2" for right click, or a "4" for middle click (I use 2). Also double click on 2FingerTapPluginID and clear any value it may have.
4. Next in the right pane, and this is what disabling Edge Swipe actually changes which breaks everything, find the MultiFingerTapFlags key and change it from a 2 to a 3 (it's originally a 3 before you disable Edge Swipe).
5. As a bonus, if you want to enable three finger tap for middle click, double click on 3FingerTapAction and change the value to a "4", also clear any value for 3FingerTapPluginID and set 3FingerTapPluginActionID to "0".
Unless you have multiple users, your SID is most likely the longest string, for instance mine is "HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-1669614795-426116693-2193257368-1003." Enjoy.
Only thing I have to add is to rememeber to reboot after you make the changes, and mine was under HKEY_CURRENT_USER or something like that. So yeah, this is just incase someone else is finding themselves with the same problem I had.
02-09-2013 10:28 PM
02-09-2013 11:49 PM
yes it is tapping as opposed to clicking, if I pressed all the way down with two fingers to make the keyboard click then it would work, but just a two finger tap wouldn't do anything.