Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JayP
Fanfold Paper
Views: 23,346
Message 1 of 2

Y580 windows 8 dual boot

What is the most efficient way that I can dual boot windows 8 and windows 7 on the lenovo y580 without losing my warranty? I can not just make a seperate partition because the laptop comes with the max amount of primary partitions, so can I try dual booting windows 8 through a vhd? Also, will this void the warranty?

If anyone has done a different technique that has worked fine please tell me, I purchased an installation of windows 8 to dual boot but I can not figure out a way that will work on my y580.

Thank you.

ishaan
Bit Torrent
Views: 23,328
Message 2 of 2

Re: Y580 windows 8 dual boot

Hi
Welcome to the forums
There has been a thread on this lately so you might refer to it
http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/IdeaPad-Y-U-V-Z-and-P-series/Dual-Boot-OS-for-Ideapad-Z580/m-p/1000585#M...
Before making any changed, please create recovery discs of factory backup from one key recovery.
Regards
Ishaan Ideapad Y560(i3 330m), Hp Elitebook 8460p!(i5-2520M) Hp Pavilion n208tx(i5-4200u)
If you think a post helped you, then you can give Kudos to the post by pressing the Star on the left of the post. If you think a post solved your problem, then mark it as a solution so that others having the same problem can refer to it.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors