Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
mozzarellastick
Fanfold Paper
Views: 359
Message 1 of 4

Y70-70 - Product Serial Not Found

Whenever I try to register my laptop here (so I can access more support options), I get something saying that there aren't products matching my serial number. I'm guessing it's an abnormal issue, but the serial code for me is all numbers. I got it through the CMD command to find the serial, so it should be the correct one. How can this be resolved?

Mod's Edit: System model added to front of Subject line to improve visibility / clarity.

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 344
Message 2 of 4

Re: Y70-70 - Product Serial Not Found

Try booting your computer into the BIOS Setup.  On the first page of the BIOS Setup screen will be the serial number of your system.  Compare that number to what you received from the CMD Command inquiry.  If it is different, try registering with the BIOS Setup supplied number.

Page #21 of your model's User Guide will explain how to enter the BIOS Setup.  Here is a link to that guide for your reference.....

https://download.lenovo.com/consumer/mobiles_pub/lenovo_y70_ug_english.pdf

please mark it as an "Accept As Solution"
♦ I'm not a Lenovo employee, just a volunteer geek who likes to help folks.
Sorry, I don't read unsolicited Private Messages. If you have an issue, posting in     the appropriate forum is the best way to get assistance.

Communities:    English English    Deutsche Deutsche     Español Español     Portugues Portugues     Russian flag Русскоязычное

mozzarellastick
Fanfold Paper
Views: 311
Message 3 of 4

That got me a bit further. I was able to enter the serial number; however, it's saying my computer is "Unknown" and won't offer any support options for it now. The model is 80DU00DSUS, which is coming up as non-existent here. But it also lists the same model number for the same computer on the Best Buy website. It looks like my brand of computer is discontinued, likely due to display issues. 

I'm unable to contact Lenovo support due to a lack of the serial, but it says my machine is still under warranty.

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 295
Message 4 of 4

Does your system show up if you enter the serial number retrieved from the BIOS Setup at this link......

http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/warrantylookup

If it does, then your machine is entered into the Lenovo Records and help would be available if you call Lenovo Support.  Phone support by the way is the primary means of obtaining support from Lenovo.

Lenovo Support - USA
1-877-453-6686
24 hours a day 7 days / week

What kind of support options are you trying to access?  If you are trying to access the available downloads try installing the Lenovo Service Bridge application.  That app will help quickly find available downloads for your model.  The Companion 3 app can also be used to find some new updates.  If all else fails you can manually do a search for downloads for your model and then sort them by the release date to find that latest ones.

As for your model being sold out or out of stock, according the file downloads available the Y70-70 been around since 2014.  It wouldn't  surprise me if that model was discontinued, technology can change in two years.   

please mark it as an "Accept As Solution"
♦ I'm not a Lenovo employee, just a volunteer geek who likes to help folks.
Sorry, I don't read unsolicited Private Messages. If you have an issue, posting in     the appropriate forum is the best way to get assistance.

Communities:    English English    Deutsche Deutsche     Español Español     Portugues Portugues     Russian flag Русскоязычное

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors