Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bdm198
What's DOS?
Views: 221
Message 1 of 2

Y70-70 power supply issues? Laptop cuts out when not on mains power

I've recently inherited a lovely Y70-70 touch from my father, and have restored it to factory settings recently. However I'm having issues at the moment where it shuts down instantly at random times when not plugged in. Checking the system logs in the event viewer I see the following Critical message:

The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.

Generally online help seems to suggest this is a power supply issue. Have I got a duff battery in here? Are there further diagnostics I can run? Unfortunately I'm out of warranty so keen to solve this myself!

Lenovo Technology Partner
Views: 171
Message 2 of 2

Re: Y70-70 power supply issues? Laptop cuts out when not on mains power

Hi bdm198,

Try running Lenovo Settings and check on the current battery status, if the app says that the battery is no good, then you need to get it replaced. You can download Lenovo Settings from the windows store. 

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudos!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors