Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
neo302
What's DOS?
Views: 3,918
Message 1 of 7

Y70 Touch Slow WiFi performance

Hello, 

I just got a Y70 touch and the wifi performance is less than half of my other devices.

It has the Broadcom AC wireless card. I've updated to the latest drivers.

My other devices get 60+Mbs on speedtest.

This Y70 gets 24Mbs if I'm lucky.

I have the 1900 Nighthawk router that works great with my other devices.

Any ideas?

Thank You

mriordan23
What's DOS?
Views: 3,871
Message 2 of 7

Re: Y70 Touch Slow WiFi performance

I have the exact same issue, and I have bought TWO of these from Best Buy and have had same issue. I am downloading 15-20 where as old toshiba next to it is downloading 60 easily.   I thought my first computer was defective, because I called support and they had me delete out a wifi driver and reinstall.  Still same speed.  I returned first computer, bought identical computer arrived today and still slow wifi connection.

This has to be something with lenova 70 touch's overall?  Is there anything I can do to improve the wifi speeds or do I need to return this one as well.

Thanks!

Shichao
What's DOS?
Views: 3,832
Message 3 of 7

I have this problem too
LenBlazer
Bit Torrent
Views: 3,822
Message 4 of 7

@neo302 wrote:

Hello, 

I just got a Y70 touch and the wifi performance is less than half of my other devices.

It has the Broadcom AC wireless card. I've updated to the latest drivers.

My other devices get 60+Mbs on speedtest.

This Y70 gets 24Mbs if I'm lucky.

I have the 1900 Nighthawk router that works great with my other devices.

Any ideas?

Thank You

Since that is a new addition to your network try shutting down all the units including the router. Start the router first. After it has initialize start each unit one at a time.

cbautis2
Bit Torrent
Views: 3,813
Message 5 of 7

I'm using the same Broadcom ac wifi like yours (with Asus drivers loaded) on my y470 and get all of my 100 mbps internet speed throughout the house. It's a Windows 8.1 issue IMO.

Broadcom ac wifi speed on my y470:

link to image 

I also get all of my internet speed from my Windows 8.1 tablet with Marvell ac Wifi:

link to image

It might be a configuration problem with router and/or Broadcom drivers not working well in Windows 8.1. Try using Asus drivers instead.

Lenovo Y470: i7-2670QM | 8 GB DDR3 1333 MHz RAM | Nvidia GeForce GT 550M | 500 GB 7200 RPM Seagate HDD | ASUS PCE-AC56 802.11ac Network Adapter | Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
anovo
What's DOS?
Views: 3,097
Message 6 of 7

Just bought a Lenovo Y70.  Unfortunately, the wifi on this PC does not reach download speeds >24 Mbps.  Laptop came with a Broadcom 802.11ac BCM4352 newtwork adapter.  Running a Netgear WNDR3400v3.  WIRED speeds over 100 Mbps.  I have the most updated drivers on all devices.  Lenovo customer support was on the phone with me for over an hour attempting to solve the solution.  Internet speed tests on my Galaxy S6 and other devices are over 100 Mbps.  I get better speeds on the PC I bought from Walmart for $350 over 6 years ago.  

If anybody has any advice, please help!  Has anybody tried updating to Windows 10 to see if that improved their speeds?  If anybody had any advice on what Asus drivers to use on this particular Broadcom wireless network adapter, I would appreciate it!

THANKS in advance for any advice!!!

murrato1
Paper Tape
Views: 2,224
Message 7 of 7

I have this same issue with the Broadcome card on my new Y70 running Windows 10, but it was the same with 8.1.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors