Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
WaltJackson
What's DOS?
Views: 3,709
Message 1 of 6

Y70 Touch Windows 10 won't boot

Earlier today, I started up the laptop and noticed that after Windows 10 booted, there was no bottom bar across the screen with the the clock, Windows button, etc. I figured it simply needed to be restarted, but with no Windows button, I had to do a forced shut down using the power button.

When I restarted the computer, Windows would not boot. The Lenovo logo comes on the screen and has dots moving in a circle below it, then the screen goes blank and nothing else happens. There is power coming to the machine. The backlit keyboard is lit, the power and battery lights are on on the front edge of the laptop, and the screen is glowing.

Any idea how to get the machine working again? Probably like everyone else, I really need this computer for my work and have already lost several hours trying to find a fix. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
tripplec
Bit Torrent
Views: 3,670
Message 2 of 6

Re: Y70 Touch Windows 10 won't boot

Depends, if you have an removeable battery remove it and run from power.

Turn it on and kill the power to the Y79 via power bar or pull the plug. Repeat that 3 times, Win 10 will boot in a different mode after that.

T520 Model 4239 Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2860QMbr>; Nvidia NVS 4200M Win 10 64bit
Z70-80 I7 - 5500U 16GB GB - 1TB HD Win 10 64bit FHD 17.3", G840 w/2GB

WaltJackson
What's DOS?
Views: 3,665
Message 3 of 6

Thanks for responding. Unfortunately, I'd have to take the back off the laptop in order to remove the battery, so I'm not sure that's an option.
Guru
Views: 3,656
Message 4 of 6

Hello there. Try these steps: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9RdbWR5pP0 

After that, I can suggest trying a factory default recovery: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tu5YY3wb4EU

Of course, please contact Lenovo support before performing a recovery to see if they have better options.

Regards,
Eric Xu

I'm a Lenovo forums advocate and brand advocate (Lenovo INsider). I'm a volunteer; I don't work for Lenovo.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Please read the Community Guidelines before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

Motorola   •IdeaPad   •ThinkPad   •Gaming   •ThinkCentre   •IdeaCentre   •Think Tablets   •Lenovo Tablets

Communities:    English English   Deutsche Deutsche    Español Español    Português Português    ru.gif Русскоязычное

LenBlazer
Bit Torrent
Views: 3,648
Message 5 of 6

@WaltJackson wrote:
Earlier today, I started up the laptop and noticed that after Windows 10 booted, there was no bottom bar across the screen with the the clock, Windows button, etc. I figured it simply needed to be restarted, but with no Windows button, I had to do a forced shut down using the power button.

When I restarted the computer, Windows would not boot. The Lenovo logo comes on the screen and has dots moving in a circle below it, then the screen goes blank and nothing else happens. There is power coming to the machine. The backlit keyboard is lit, the power and battery lights are on on the front edge of the laptop, and the screen is glowing.

Any idea how to get the machine working again? Probably like everyone else, I really need this computer for my work and have already lost several hours trying to find a fix. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Since definitely there is enough juice going into the unit this problem is a startup problem. The general approach is to use the windows usb recovery drive (you should made this earlier or you can use a Win installer) and boot from it. If you use the installer select "repair" else try some of the procedure listed in the menu but do the Startup repair procedure first. If this solves the problem then you're done. However, if you still have the problem try the other procedures like restoring image (if you have made one) or reseting windows. If all else fail power down the unit. Then press the NOVO button and select system restore in the presented menu. Restore the unit to factory condition. Be aware that this will erase all your files and third party programs.

If still you have the problem call Lenovo for a possible repair job.

Creaulx
Blue Screen Again
Views: 3,572
Message 6 of 6

I had this identical issue a few days back and the fix was to use Novo button to boot into system recovery mode, then do a system restore.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors