07-06-2017

US

5 Signins

41 Page Views

• Views: 41
  • Message 1 of 1

Y700 15ISK battery strangeness

2017-11-15, 19:52 PM

I'm having an issue with the battery on my Y700.

I generally work from my dining room table where I have the laptop connected to the charger and the charger plugged into the wall.  It sits getting power all day as I work.

Consistetly in the mid-afternoon if I'm around I will discover that my laptop is no longer charging and that the power has run down to single digits.  If I unplug the charger from the laptop and plug it back in occasionally it will detect the charger and start taking a charge again.  Sometimes it will start charging again if I remove it from the wall.  Sometimes it will start taking a charge again if I remove the power cord from the charger.

I replaced the charger with one that has a power light on it to see what was happening. 

When the laptop gets down to single digits the power light is off.  If I disconnect from the laptop and re-plug it in to the wall the light comes back on.  However when I plug it in to the laptop the light will dim and then turn off.

It's almost like the laptop is essentially forcing itself to discharge the battery once a day, which now that I type it sounds like a GREAT thing to preserve battery life, but not knowing where this feature is so I can make changes to it is not helping me be confident in using the laptop for a whole lot.

Anyone else found this issue occuring?

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete