Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
module
Fanfold Paper
Views: 400
Message 1 of 6

Y700-17ISK SSd problem

Laptop details:

Lenovo Ideapad Y700-17ISK, model: 80Q0006MSC, firmware: CDCN35WW.

Bought it 3 months ago and then few days ago decided to buy Samsung 950PRO 512 GB version.

Opened up the latop, inserted the SSD, turned it on, Lenovo screen apeared and then constant rebooting.

Tried different BIOS options, but no luck.

If I pull out SSD everything is back to normal.

Tried looking for a new firmware but couldn't find one.

What am I missing?

Please help!

Thank you!

LenBlazer
Bit Torrent
Views: 379
Message 2 of 6

Re: Y700-17ISK SSd problem

@module wrote:

Laptop details:

Bought it 3 months ago and then few days ago decided to buy Samsung 950PRO 512 GB version.

Opened up the latop, inserted the SSD, turned it on, Lenovo screen apeared and then constant rebooting.

What am I missing?

Please help!

Thank you!

I'm assuming that the ssd is compatible with your unit just as what you have also done. Go to bios and reset the settings to default. Save and check again.

You may also take a look at this link which gives details on the ssds use in the series.

module
Fanfold Paper
Views: 358
Message 3 of 6

@LenBlazer wrote:

@module wrote:

Laptop details:

What am I missing?

Please help!

Thank you!

I'm assuming that the ssd is compatible with your unit just as what you have also done. Go to bios and reset the settings to default. Save and check again.

You may also take a look at this link which gives details on the ssds use in the series.

Yes, I saw that link before I bought SSD and according to that link and Lenovo user manual my laptop should be compatible with Samsung SSD.

Bios resseting unfortunately didn't solved my problem.

I am suspecting that the problem is firmware. Found this post.
Lenovo is in a process of removing that firmware and there is no new firmware on Lenovo site and neither older one.

LenBlazer
Bit Torrent
Views: 353
Message 4 of 6

According to the post a new bios is one possible solution. If this is true then there is nothing you can do about it except to wait. Reading other posts one possible solution is the reinstallation/update of the chipset and IMEI drivers. You might want to give this a try while waiting for a new bios. Another possible solution is to consult Samsung for a new SSD firmware. Manufacturer of ssd sometimes made available update to the firmware used in their ssd.

module
Fanfold Paper
Views: 331
Message 5 of 6

Reinstallation is not an option and I really don't see what would be achived with that, because laptop doesn't even starts to boot up with SSD installed.

To upgrade firmware of the SSD would be nice, but since the only place I can plug it in is this laptop I guess that option is also no go.

It would be nice from Lenovo to tell us when we can expect new firmware?!?

It's been more than a month since they declared CDCN35WW as not good.

LenBlazer
Bit Torrent
Views: 320
Message 6 of 6

@module wrote:

Reinstallation is not an option and I really don't see what would be achived with that, because laptop doesn't even starts to boot up with SSD installed.

To upgrade firmware of the SSD would be nice, but since the only place I can plug it in is this laptop I guess that option is also no go.

It would be nice from Lenovo to tell us when we can expect new firmware?!?

It's been more than a month since they declared CDCN35WW as not good.

As stated earlier, if it is the bios that needs to be updated then there is nothing that can be done except to wait.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors