Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Gaming – Lenovo LegionGaming Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

5 Posts

01-24-2016

Toronto, Canada

12 Signins

86 Page Views

• Views: 86
  • Message 1 of 14

Y700 keyboard intermittently typing double letters/numbers

2016-01-24, 6:27 AM

Hello. I have just received my Y700 a couple weeks ago and have noticed that while im typing it intermittently types double letters. It iis not all the time, but as you can see it just happened. It happens more when i am typing full words and sentences quickly, and not while trying one letter at at time trying to provokke it to happen. I had hoped after all windows updates were finished it would fix itself. it is getting quite annoying to have to correct everything I type. It is a brand new laptop so not to happy about this.

Has anyone else with this laptop experienced this? I have updated all the drivers and seems to happen in any program i have tried. 

If anyone has any insight to whether this is a hardware problem or some sort of software/driver problem, please let me know. 

thanks

Answer
Options

5 Posts

01-24-2016

Toronto, Canada

12 Signins

86 Page Views

Re: Y700 keyboard intermittently typing double letters/numbers

2016-07-12, 6:47 AM

Just to update anyone having similar problems with the keyboard. I sent it to lenovo repair 3 times, and the third time i demanded they replace the keyboard. Turns out the problem persisted even after a new keyboard. So after researching on how to fix the issue I came across a solution which worked for me. Its a setting called "bounce keys" which after enabling you then have to tweak in the registry.

The solution was found here: http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Keyboard-has-a-tendency-to-repeat-keystrokes-maaking/td-p/2650729

[oldimg]JPG[/oldimg]

I found on another forum that the setting is located in two different registry keys. It is in 'HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Accessibility\Keyboard Response' and also 'HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Control Panel\Accessibility\Keyboard Response'. So make changes in both locations. 

I played around with the registry settings and what worked best for me was:

"AutoRepeatDelay"="500"
"AutoRepeatRate"="30"
"BounceTime"="30"
"DelayBeforeAcceptance"="0"

Hope it works for you.

Replies(13)
Options

2 Posts

02-09-2016

Antrim, NH

2 Signins

17 Page Views

• Views: 17
  • Message 2 of 14

2016-02-09, 0:36 AM

This is happening to me, too, and it's driving me crazy. All drivers are up to date and it happens no matter what program I use. It does not seem to be restricted to any particular key or keys. Please let me know if you figure it out!

Options

5 Posts

01-24-2016

Toronto, Canada

12 Signins

86 Page Views

• Message 3 of 14

2016-02-09, 0:51 AM

hey, i know how you feel.. its very annoying.  

So, i actually just sent it in for repair for this issue and i got the computer back 2 days later. I imediately opened notepad to test it out, and the problem was still there. The technician must have felt extra lazy that day and "determined" the problem was casued by system resources spiking and causing delay/lag when typing. All he did was re-image my hard drive to factory settings (which i could have easlily done). It did NOT fix the issue. I called support back and informed them, and now they are going to replace the keyboard. hopefully it fixes the issue.

Options

2 Posts

02-09-2016

Antrim, NH

2 Signins

17 Page Views

• Views: 17
  • Message 4 of 14

2016-02-09, 0:53 AM
Let me know how it turns out. This machine is already a replacement for another laptop that had other issues and was in and out of Lenovo service for the past 4 months. Hoping to solve this without involving them again.
Options

1 Posts

06-30-2016

Denmark

1 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 5 of 14

2016-06-30, 11:33 AM

I bought an ideapad 700 a couple of weeks ago and I am experiencing keyboard letter problems. I cannot write one sentence withiut a spelling mistake. Letter missing, double letters . I think that it has something o do with the pressure and speed I use which makes me think that it is the actual keyboard. It is very irritating and no one seems to have a solution. 

Answer
Options

5 Posts

01-24-2016

Toronto, Canada

12 Signins

86 Page Views

• Message 6 of 14

2016-07-12, 6:47 AM

Just to update anyone having similar problems with the keyboard. I sent it to lenovo repair 3 times, and the third time i demanded they replace the keyboard. Turns out the problem persisted even after a new keyboard. So after researching on how to fix the issue I came across a solution which worked for me. Its a setting called "bounce keys" which after enabling you then have to tweak in the registry.

The solution was found here: http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Keyboard-has-a-tendency-to-repeat-keystrokes-maaking/td-p/2650729

I found on another forum that the setting is located in two different registry keys. It is in 'HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Accessibility\Keyboard Response' and also 'HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Control Panel\Accessibility\Keyboard Response'. So make changes in both locations. 

I played around with the registry settings and what worked best for me was:

"AutoRepeatDelay"="500"
"AutoRepeatRate"="30"
"BounceTime"="30"
"DelayBeforeAcceptance"="0"

Hope it works for you.

1 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Options

19 Posts

11-08-2016

Greece

51 Signins

373 Page Views

• Views: 373
  • Message 7 of 14

2016-12-16, 18:45 PM

I'm desperately seeking a solution. Have you maybe found one?

Options

5 Posts

01-24-2016

Toronto, Canada

12 Signins

86 Page Views

• Message 8 of 14

2016-12-20, 4:44 AM

Yes... read above.

Options

19 Posts

11-08-2016

Greece

51 Signins

373 Page Views

• Views: 373
  • Message 9 of 14

2016-12-22, 15:55 PM

Unfortunately it did not work for me (700-17 ISK), like a couple others that wrote above.

Options

2 Posts

01-24-2017

Croatia

7 Signins

37 Page Views

• Views: 37
  • Message 10 of 14

2017-01-29, 1:34 AM

Thank you! Not just that I don't seem to have this problem any more, but typing itself feels much better, more mechanical I'd say.

I have bought my laptop (Lenovo Y700) a week ago and I already had thoughts of returning it, since I can exchange it in the shop for some other laptop of the same price. I thought about it because I had some problem with speakers (left speaker, to be correct), which would have made some kind of crackle just before I would play a song while laptop was on battery. It was some driver problem, so I solved it as well.
One more thing. This is my first gaming laptop and I'm not quite informed about heating and cooling of the machine. Today I played Dishonored in high resolution and laptop almost warmed up to 70°C. I suppose Dishonored is not very demanding game, so I was woried about that temperature. When I'm not gaming, temperature is around 45°C which is also bit high for my expectations. I found it to be normal on this laptop (or any other gaming laptop with such performance), but I would still like to hear more oppinions.
Sorry for the long post, but I have just bought this laptop and I gave quite big amount of money, regarding my financial situation. So for that, I wouldn't like to have some serious problems with it in the future.

What is your oppinion? Should I change it or everything that I mentioned here is either normal (like temperature) or small bugs which do not indicate to a badly made laptop not worth it's price.

Sorry for the long post, once again. And thank You!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms