esanhusky
What's DOS?
Views: 272
Message 1 of 3

YaCP (Yet another Charging Problem) y560

Been looking for a while and I don't think this is an already answered problem

Lenovo IdeaPad y560, Core i7 Q720, 6gb ram

openSUSE 13.2

The laptop will run on AC if a battery is not attached, but doesn't seem to be able to run on AC with a battery attached.  The battery will slowly charge up to 90% with the laptop off, but doesn't seem to draw a charge while it's running.

I've tried to use two different chargers, a model 41A9734 120W that just shuts down if plugged in with the battery attached, and a model ADP-90DD B 90W which is the one that will charge the battery with the laptop off.

I have bought a new (9 cell) battery and replaced the AC jack, but it acts exactly the same.  At this point, I'm having to think it's a motherboard issue, so I would appreciate if somebody can tell me that I'm wrong

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 252
Message 2 of 3

Re: YaCP (Yet another Charging Problem) y560

Hi Esanhusky,

Welcome to Lenovo forums

As you are looking for the facing the issue with the adapter of your Lenovo Y560 laptop.

Please try to connect this adapter in other system to check if the issue is with the adapter or with the charging port of the laptop.

Also try to swap the power cable and check for the issue as this can be due to the cable as well.

Hope this helps. Do post back if issue persists!

Best regards,

Ashwin.S

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

esanhusky
What's DOS?
Views: 232
Message 3 of 3

Re: YaCP (Yet another Charging Problem) y560

It occurred to me it could be an adapter problem, especially when both that I have were used when I got them. It just makes me not want to research it further that te higher power one just shuts down and needs to be unplugged and plugged back in, like an internal breaker needs to be reset because of a short or overload.

It just occurred to me that I probably should remove everything possible to see if a reduced load will allow it to charge, but my immediate thought was bad ACPI hardware

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors