Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aleixoh
Paper Tape
Views: 1,448
Message 1 of 10

Z370 - Help with BIOS update

Hi everyone.

I wanted to update the BIOS a few days ago, so I downloaded the 4ACN38WW64 update from the Lenovo website. The problem is that when I execute the "installer" it closed automatically without any further message.

I checked the batch file (AutoRun64.bat) and I found that there are three different updates (I assume for three different structures/variants of the z370/z470), also a line which closes the program in case it doesn't find any matching device to complete the updating process.

I would really appreciate if someone could help me.

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Views: 1,423
Message 2 of 10

Re: Z370 - Help with BIOS update

hi akeixoh,

if you are using windows 8 and download windows 7 update, it won't work. if this is not your case, please, provide some more information.

also, make sure you run the application by selecting "run as admin"

http://www.krasotaiskusstva.com
Aleixoh
Paper Tape
Views: 1,421
Message 3 of 10

Thank you for your interest, yigit.

I am using Windows 7 x64, but neither the x86 nor the x64 versions of the updater worked.

At first it just closed, and if I looked at the "vgachk.txt" file it was in blank, so I thought that it was lacking some kind of authorization (even when running as admin), so I disabled UAC and ran it again. The command prompt opened and closed suddenly, and now when I checked the .txt file it has the following in it: "No matching devices found."

I thought I could update it manually using the WinPhlash64 application that came in the folder, but I got confused when I saw the three different updates: "4ACN38WA.wph", "4ACN38WE.wph" and "4ACN38WD.wph". I wouldn't know which one to choose.

Edit: Also, the current bios version appears to be 4ACN31WW.

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Views: 1,416
Message 4 of 10

can you please re-download the bios?

Aleixoh
Paper Tape
Views: 1,412
Message 5 of 10

I've downloaded it like six times, but I guess one more try won't hurt.
Aleixoh
Paper Tape
Views: 1,404
Message 6 of 10

It doesn't work. Everything happens as listed above.
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Views: 1,385
Message 7 of 10

can i ask you what would you need to update the bios? if you don't have any issue, no need to update.

Aleixoh
Paper Tape
Views: 1,383
Message 8 of 10

Well, I don't really have a major problem. I was just thinking it could have some improvement on thermal management, since my computer tends to shut down abruptly sometimes when I play videogames or use rendering software (even while using a cooling pad).
lenovokdr
What's DOS?
Views: 1,341
Message 9 of 10

I have the same issue. This is a relatively new BIOS update provided by Lenovo, so it appears to have a problem. There is another community post going on with the same issue with this BIOS updater for the Z370. Looks like it has problems that need fixing. I'm in the same situation where I have to run the utility manually and I'm left not knowing which of the three files to choose. P.S. It's our decision to update our BIOS even if not an issue we want to resolve. It's Lenovo's place to get it working for us. At this point a list of the three files and which hardware they are for would resolve our immediate needs so we know which to choose. Or, long term, Lenovo fixes this BIOS updater.
jpique
Paper Tape
Views: 511
Message 10 of 10

I have the same problem, which can not choose?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors