Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sunjunzuo
What's DOS?
Views: 247
Message 1 of 4

Z370 cannot find campus wirelss,but works elsewhere

My Z370, bought 2 years ago. The wireless works at home, and hotel when I was in business trip. But on campus, it cannot detect any WIRELESS connection now.

Originally, it can detect wireless on campus with very weak signal and it was always disconnected. So I used a wire for internet. But now, the wireless doesnot work at all, no connection can be found when I am on campus (in my lab, in my advisor's office,...etc.)

It's really frustrating when I meet with my advisor at that time he may send me some files but I cannot acess internet at all.

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 221
Message 2 of 4

Re: Z370 cannot find campus wirelss,but works elsewhere

Welcome to the forum!

What I would do is remove the wireless card from the system and then boot the machine up without the card installed.  Then shut the machine back off, re-install card and boot it up to see how it now performs wirelessly.  This procedure would accomplish two things.  First, it would re-install the card into the operating system thus eliminating the possibility of any glitches with its previous installation into the OS.  Secondly, the removal and re-installation of the card would insure that it is properly seated and that all connections are making good contact.  The whole procedure is relatively easy to do since the wireless card can be accessed under a panel on the bottom of the laptop.  The downside is that when Windows re-installs the card you will more than likely lose all your previous saved wireless log-ins.

The link below is for the Hardware Maintenance Manual for your model in a .PDF format.  Page #42 will explain how to remove the card and #43 how to install it.  Be sure to follow any cautions in regards to static electricity, powering the system off and having the battery removed while working inside.

http://download.lenovo.com/UserFiles/UserGuide/en/User's%20guides%20and%20manuals/Z370&Z470&Z570/Len...

please mark it as an "Accept As Solution"
♦ I'm not a Lenovo employee, just a volunteer geek who likes to help folks.
Sorry, I don't read unsolicited Private Messages. If you have an issue, posting in     the appropriate forum is the best way to get assistance.

Communities:    English English    Deutsche Deutsche     Español Español     Portugues Portugues     Russian flag Русскоязычное

sunjunzuo
What's DOS?
Views: 204
Message 3 of 4

thanks

sunjunzuo
What's DOS?
Views: 184
Message 4 of 4

I tried following your direction, detach the wilress card, boot the computer, shut down, install the card, reboot the computer. Still not work.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors