Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jicheoljeon
Paper Tape
Views: 3,397
Message 1 of 8

Z40 70 not charging/ mousepad problems

I've bought this Z40 70 laptop mid june, 2013.

My battery just stopped charging at 13 percent 2 hours ago.

It's been charging fine yesterday. I move the laptop around (college student) but make sure it's always plugged in when using. 

Thre red battery light is on and the battery status says "13% available (plugged in, charging)"

The temperature is stable, room temperature.

It looks like it's in conservation mode even though the mode's not on, Energy Manager says it's charging, and it just stays at 13%.

Also my mousepad goes haywire from time to time.

The pointer doesn't move by itself but I can't control it. Sometimes it's highlighting everything, zooming in/out, continuously clicking. 

I don't even know how I manage to bring it back to normal functions (spamming everything).

I'm not a computer geek, but know enough to treat it with care and these problems are most likely manufacturing problems.

help please.. 

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 3,356
Message 2 of 8

Re: Z40 70 not charging/ mousepad problems

Hi Jicheoljeon,

Welcome to Lenovo forums.

As per the query we understood that you are facing issue with system not charging and touchpad not working in your Z40-70 laptop.

As you have mentioned that the touchpad is very sensitive, please go to control panel and select mouse under mouse option reduce pointer speed and check for the issue.

Also under the ultranav->touchpad select setting and select pointing. Under pointing select touch sensitivity and reduce the sensitivity and click apply and select ok.

If still the issue persist please reinstall the touchpad driver and check for the issue.

As you have also mentioned that there is issue with the system not charging please share the operating system used in the laptop according to which we could provide the link of the energy management driver.

Hope this helps. Do post back if issue persists!

Best regards,      

Ashwin.S

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

jicheoljeon
Paper Tape
Views: 3,347
Message 3 of 8

Hi,

It seems like it has nothing to do with sensitivity of the mouse.
Mouse pointer just goes haywire and does whatever it wants when i try to
move it. It happens from time to time, not continuously.
I wouldn't have been able to even write this if it was having another fit.
would it have these kinds of problems if the driver was improperly
installed?

I use windows 8 64bit

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 3,341
Message 4 of 8

Hi Jicheoljeon,

Thank you for replying, I apologize for the delay in reply.

Please try to update the BIOS to the latest version and check for the issue, also try to boot the system in safe mode and check for the issue.

Also try to reinstall the power manger to the latest version, for the touchpad please reinstall the driver and check as this might be the issue with the drivers. Also connect the external mouse and check.

Click here for the BIOS update.

Click here for the touchpad driver.

Hope this helps. Do post back if issue persists!

Best regards,  

Ashwin.S

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Athrane
What's DOS?
Views: 3,281
Message 5 of 8

Hi I am having the same problems. It says plugged in, charging, but it has been at 6% for many hours. I have tried different outlets and rebooting. I also uninstalled and installed the Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery driver. The Microsoft AC Adapter driver is also up to date.
sarabsin
Paper Tape
Views: 3,156
Message 6 of 8

I bought new Z40 and have the same bettery not charging problem . \The battery is stuck at 8 %. When i try to install the BIOS update , it stops the process  giving message that bettery is less than 30%. Stuck in the cycle. 

Please let me know how can i resolve the problem at the earliest or else I will be returning the laptop back.

Ayamaguti
What's DOS?
Views: 1,803
Message 7 of 8

I'm having the exactly same problem. The battery is on 8%, do not charge more and it's impossible to update the BIOS due to low battery (less than 30%).

What can we do?

----edit-------

I solved the problem uninstalling the MS Battery Control.

Now it's charging untill 100%.

rennaveen
Paper Tape
Views: 192
Message 8 of 8

Hi,

Me too having the same battery charge issue, Cld you pleas tell me where i can find that MS Battery control? and what shld be done. Thanks in advance.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors