Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zephyrlee
Paper Tape
Views: 852
Message 1 of 5

Z400 Touch screen brightness problem, graphic card problem and more

Recently I updated windows 10 from windows 8.1. I could adjust the screen brightness when I was running on windows 8.1, but I can't do it any more since I installed a driver update from Intel. So I searched solution and managed to reinstall the older driver again and it worked. However when I tried to run a game the FPS became ridiculously low, much lower than it was on windows 8.1.  I found that the other graphic card, Nvidia Geforce GT635m, which had its latest driver installed,  wasn't working properly, by disabling this graphic card in device manager and I got the same FPS. I tried to install the new version of the driver of Intel HD graphic 4000, the GT635m worked again and the game got back to normal FPS while the screen brightness adjustment didn't work.

So, here's my question: how could I keep both screen brightness adjustment and GT635m working properly?

LenBlazer
Bit Torrent
Views: 844
Message 2 of 5

Re: Z400 Touch screen brightness problem, graphic card problem and more

@zephyrlee wrote:

Recently I updated windows 10 from windows 8.1. I could adjust the screen brightness when I was running on windows 8.1, but I can't do it any more since I installed a driver update from Intel. So I searched solution and managed to reinstall the older driver again and it worked. However when I tried to run a game the FPS became ridiculously low, much lower than it was on windows 8.1.  I found that the other graphic card, Nvidia Geforce GT635m, which had its latest driver installed,  wasn't working properly, by disabling this graphic card in device manager and I got the same FPS. I tried to install the new version of the driver of Intel HD graphic 4000, the GT635m worked again and the game got back to normal FPS while the screen brightness adjustment didn't work.

So, here's my question: how could I keep both screen brightness adjustment and GT635m working properly?

Do the following:

1. Cleanup Intel VGA driver with DDU in safe mode.
a. Download DDU from Guru3D.com
b. Boot in Safemode
c. Run DDU
2. Install the old Win8.1 VGA driver
3. Block update.
a. Download wushowhide.diagcad.
b. Run wushowhide
c. Select "Intel Corporation - Graphics Adapter WDDM1.0, Graphics Adapter WDDM1.1, Graphics Adapter WDDM1.2, Graphics Adapter WDDM1.3 - Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000".

zephyrlee
Paper Tape
Views: 826
Message 3 of 5

Following the steps I can't find  "Intel Corporation - Graphics Adapter WDDM1.0, Graphics Adapter WDDM1.1, Graphics Adapter WDDM1.2, Graphics Adapter WDDM1.3 - Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000".

But "Intel Corporation driver update for Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000

Intel Corporation driver update for Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000"

zephyrlee
Paper Tape
Views: 819
Message 4 of 5

It doesn't really work...I still get low FPS.

LenBlazer
Bit Torrent
Views: 810
Message 5 of 5

@zephyrlee wrote:

Following the steps I can't find  "Intel Corporation - Graphics Adapter WDDM1.0, Graphics Adapter WDDM1.1, Graphics Adapter WDDM1.2, Graphics Adapter WDDM1.3 - Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000".

But "Intel Corporation driver update for Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000

Intel Corporation driver update for Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000"

Yes hide those that you found relating to HD 4000 driver.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors