Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hififromlaptop
Paper Tape
Views: 1,035
Message 1 of 8

Z50-70 - Audio Output Impedance

Hallo everyone!
I would like to get a new pair of headphones, something nice and hi-fi. For a good match I really need to know the output impedance of the headphones out on my Z50-70. Could you please help me with this? Even very good and expensive headphones can sound bad if mismatched and the load is a terrible place to do your mismatching. :-)

Few extra info; I'm in EU so I believe there are some safety guidelines producers follow when distributing in countries of EU.

I did search the "impedance" key word for a couple of days now and I really didn't find anything here or anywhere else. I do apologize if I missed it and it has been answered before. In that case you could just direct me, please, because obviously I couldn’t find it.

Mod's Edit: Additional information added to Subject line for clarity of issue.

hififromlaptop
Paper Tape
Views: 943
Message 2 of 8

Re: Z50-70 - Audio Output Impedance

I guess I never realised this was such a problem.

In order to try and help my helper; I did find info on impedance for other types of laptops (none Lenovo unfortunatelly). I saw that it has to do with the audio card and drivers installed, but I couldn't make the specific type of my Conexant audio gear.

I also read many in depth rerviews, but none of them go in such details.

CyberSimian
Bit Torrent
Views: 940
Message 3 of 8

@hififromlaptop wrote:

I would like to get a new pair of headphones, something nice and hi-fi. For a good match I really need to know the output impedance of the headphones out on my Z50-70. 

I don't know the output impedance of your laptop (or mine!), but an alternative would be to purchase a pair of high quality Bluetooth headphones.  (I assume that your laptop has Bluetooth built-in.)

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

hififromlaptop
Paper Tape
Views: 930
Message 4 of 8

Well, thank you for the effort. My laptop does indeed feature a BT, but this is really not what I'm looking for. Good headphones are not easy to make and they have a price to match. As a rule, good BT headphones are more expensive than their wired counterpart. I'm not saying I'd mind or that your advice is not solid, but I can get a better performing model for the same price if I'm buying wired.

Thanks again!
hififromlaptop
Paper Tape
Views: 921
Message 5 of 8

Could you tell me the name of the manufacturer of the audio card so I can ask their support for this info?

CARLOS-SANTANDE
Paper Tape
Views: 835
Message 6 of 8

1.- What a shade, it is more than 2 months and Lenovo did not answer your question.

2.- I am in the same situation because I am planning to buy a pair of headphones and to know the output impedance of Lenovo is important.

3.- I have a Lenovo Z50 I knew that it came with a Conexant Smart Audio card, wich seems to be not a good one. At the moment I can not register a radio program direct into my computer  because the Conexant Smart Audio have only speakers and headphones but not the possibility of Stereo Mix

4.- For more information about impedance and headphones, I suggest:

https://homestudiobasics.com/what-is-headphone-impedance-important-distinctions/

CARLOS-SANTANDE
Paper Tape
Views: 834
Message 7 of 8

1.- The audio card is the integrated Conexant Smart Audio HD

2.- This card is not updated for the manufacturer. No new drives are found

3.- As surely you noticed the sound of the Conexant Smart Audio is not terrible.

4.- I don't know which Conexant Smart Audio HD version is installed in my computer.

hififromlaptop
Paper Tape
Views: 686
Message 8 of 8

CARLOS - SANTANDE has a point there. Lenovo Community, this is shameful! This level of "I don't give a d..." is not to be justified in any way. You're literarlly the top ignoring customer service I've come across.

Even a simple "we can't obtain this peice of info" would sufice.

You produce gear that has an obligatory headphones out. It is like the first and only spec that matters. If your headphones impedance is to high, the signal coming out of the laptop probably won't be strong enough to reproduce any lower frequencies. It is, in fact, THAT simple. It is the first place you start with component matching.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors