Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kubrten
What's DOS?
Views: 6,738
Message 1 of 7

Z50-70 Conexant audio driver

Hello,

after upgrading to Windows 10 from 8.1, I got the conexant audio driver installed by default. I have issues with it though, it ignores multiple audio inputs and outputs, can't distinguish between speakers and headphones etc.

I, of course, thought of the simplest way to solve this, which was uninstalling the conexant drivers and using the basic realtek driver.

Now here's my main problem, this only works until I restart the notebook, because then the conexant audio driver reinstalls automatically.

Is there a way to prevent it form installing, or perhaps some way to make the driver work properly?

Thanks

LenBlazer
Bit Torrent
Views: 6,716
Message 2 of 7

Re: Z50-70 Conexant audio driver

@Kubrten wrote:

Hello,

after upgrading to Windows 10 from 8.1, I got the conexant audio driver installed by default. I have issues with it though, it ignores multiple audio inputs and outputs, can't distinguish between speakers and headphones etc.

I, of course, thought of the simplest way to solve this, which was uninstalling the conexant drivers and using the basic realtek driver.

Now here's my main problem, this only works until I restart the notebook, because then the conexant audio driver reinstalls automatically.

Is there a way to prevent it form installing, or perhaps some way to make the driver work properly?

Thanks

This what I know in stopping the automatic driver update:

1. Click Settings/Devices
2. Select one entry like Printers and Scanners
3. Select in Related Settings: Devices and Printers
4. Under Devices right click the device icon with the name of your computer and select Device Installation Settings.
5. Select No, let me choose what to do.
6. Select Never install driver software from Windows Update.
7. Save the changes.

Once you stop the update you can now uninstall the present conexant driver and install the realtek driver.

Kubrten
What's DOS?
Views: 6,706
Message 3 of 7

Exactly what I needed, thank you.

Kahlonamar
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 6,623
Message 4 of 7

Hey mate, can you please confirm what Realtek driver you used? 

I am using the one from "Let me pick from a list...." in update driver software after installing the latest driver from Realtek Website but when I select Realtek it doesn't really work on windows 10 and gives tthe following error.

Capture.PNG

So any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

tripplec
Bit Torrent
Views: 6,595
Message 5 of 7

So why doesn't the Lenovo Win10 drivers work? I have the same chipset in my Z70 and when I update I'd end up with the same issue.

T520 Model 4239 Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2860QMbr>; Nvidia NVS 4200M Win 10 64bit
Z70-80 I7 - 5500U 16GB GB - 1TB HD Win 10 64bit FHD 17.3", G840 w/2GB

Kahlonamar
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 6,578
Message 6 of 7

Hey pal,

So I fixed the issue myself. If you disable driver updates as mentioned above and then uninstall the Conexant driver for windows 10. I would personally suggest removing the Conexant Smart Audio from Add/Remove Programs or alternatively you can just uninstall it from device manager. 

Once you uninstall it, restart the laptop and let windows 10 install the High Definition Audio Driver and that's it.

Hope this helps.

gaurav61
What's DOS?
Views: 6,547
Message 7 of 7

hey bro i have this same problem but my laptop model is g50....i was unsure about uninstalling audio driver so i hid it using microsoft hide drivers tool!!!....will the same ratlek driver work for my laptop too?? and can you please provide me the link to driver you have downloaded please!!! 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors