Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sunil1234
Paper Tape
Views: 130,201
Message 1 of 28

Z50-70 - Dolby digital plus not working after Windows 10 upgrade

After upgrading to windows 10, i am not able to find Dolby digital plus anywhere. When i tried to search in windows, it's not there. Sounds are working fine but there is no DOLBY. How can i download or found dolby software in Windows 10?

Mod's Edit: System model added to Subject line to improve visibility / clarity

Sunil1234
Paper Tape
Views: 129,602
Message 2 of 28

Re: Dolby digital plus not working after Windows 10 upgrade

i am using Z50-70 series.

deep95
What's DOS?
Views: 129,567
Message 3 of 28

Hey same problem here as well. Z50-70. Dolby digital audio plus is showing up in the list of programs but not anywhere else. 

As far as i can tell its the only thing not working. I'm trying to reinstall the driver, it says i need v7.5.1.1. to run it properly. 

I can't find that anywhere. 

Creaulx
Blue Screen Again
Views: 129,564
Message 4 of 28

I have a Y70 and my Dolby Digital Plus also diappeared, but only after I had tried to install the latest audio drivers from the Lenovo site, not realizing that Windows had already installed a newer version. Sheer stupidity on my part. 

I will try to uninstall the audio driver from Device Manager and have Windows find the newest version later today.  If there'a a better fix, or direct download link, please post it here. 

Apparently, according to the Dolby US site, it is included and supported in Windows 10, so I may just need to check Windows Update first:  http://www.dolby.com/us/en/categories/pc.html

Will report back if I find a fix.

Schloodie
What's DOS?
Views: 129,525
Message 5 of 28

Hey, so I had the same problem as all of you and I found this thread looking for a solution. I got it working again now and I thought I'd share how. Btw I'm from germany, so I might not always get the termonoly right. Oh and I'm far from an expert. I just tried out different things and got lucky with this one. I also have the Z50-70.

So in the end I just uninstalled the Conexant audio driver in the device-manager and then, after a re-start, let it look for the new version and installed that. After restarting the PC again Dolby Digital Plus worked.

But before I did that I tried a couple of other things and I have no idea if they where necessary or not. Just in case I'm going to share everything I did, but I warn you it was a bit messy.

So first of Dolby Digital Plus didn't appear at all when I searched for it in the new Windows search panel. But it did show up in the list of all programs so I tried to use the repair function there. There I got a message saying that the file 'dolbydigitalplusht' couldn't be accessed or wasn't there anymore or something like that. So I looked for this file in the normal search panel in the folder structur. I found four files there. I tried them all and one worked and I used it to run the repair function. I think it actually downloaded a driver at that point, but I'm not completly sure. Now  Dolby Digital Plus showed up in the new windows search panel, but when I started it I got this message:

"The current Dolby Digital Plus audio driver version is 7.6.3.1 and the software app expects driver version 7.5.1.1.  Please install a valid driver and software application combination."

That's when I uninstalled and reinstalled the Conexant audio driver and suddenly it worked again.

So again I have no idea if this will work for any of you, but I hope it helps.

Wonazer
Paper Tape
Views: 129,524
Message 6 of 28

I hope there's a fix. If you go into the Playback devices screen, then click properties, you'll see a tab for Dolby tab where you can turn it on or off. There are no other settings, and the **bleep** thing will turn itself off frequently. =/

mert41994
Fanfold Paper
Views: 129,495
Message 7 of 28

Actually, in this forums, we have a topic like this.

You can not install dolby features alone. It's come with Sound driver. Driver installs Dolby Features after finishing sound drivers. But in Windows 10, it doesn't. You can install it manually (it's in C:/driver/Realtek ..../PCEE Folder) but it doesn't work. Seems we need a updated driver. I hope it comes very fast, because it's really useful. Changes sound so much. But for now, you can only activate it (with latest settings, it's in sound/speaker/dolby menu)

Creaulx
Blue Screen Again
Views: 129,651
Message 8 of 28

Uniinstalling and reinstalling the driver worked and I now am enjoying Dolby audio again.  It's part of the Realtek Audio driver package 6.01.7535.  If it doesn't make itself apparent on your reboot, just do a quick search. 

JamesMvngTrgt
Paper Tape
Views: 129,441
Message 9 of 28

Apparently the pcee4.exe doesn't work at the moment (Realtek_6.0.1.7514), instead I found out that only Dolby Digital Plus works (C:\Program Files\Dolby Digital Plus). Im using a Y400.

Though you can't hide it on the taskbar.

Is there anyway to make the pcee4.exe work again ?

Sunil1234
Paper Tape
Views: 129,399
Message 10 of 28

Thanks for your help.

It's working now.

Uninstalled conexant audio HD from device manager.

Reboot device.

Redownload conexant audio HD (Go to lenovo website to download: http://support.lenovo.com/hr/hr/products/laptops-and-netbooks/lenovo-z-series-laptops/lenovo-z50-70?...

Install the software. If it shows error, just rboot and install again.

It will ask for upgrade. Go for it.

Dolby is there again.Smiley Happy

Holiday Deals
HAPPENING NOW!

Get the best deals on PCs and tech now during the Holiday Sale
Shop the sale

Top Kudoed Authors