Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HylleDK
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,843
Message 1 of 6

Z50-70 - Flashing BIOS

Hibeveryone, can someone explain to me how to flash my BIOS on startup like some other manufacturer's Esc+Fn? My Z50-70 does not detect any HDD or SSDs after suddenly powering down, so I thought that flashing the BIOS would help.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Mod's Edit: System model added to front of Subject line to improve visibility / clarity.

LenBlazer
Bit Torrent
Views: 2,836
Message 2 of 6

Re: Flashing BIOS

@HylleDK wrote:

Hibeveryone, can someone explain to me how to flash my BIOS on startup like some other manufacturer's Esc+Fn? My Z50-70 does not detect any HDD or SSDs after suddenly powering down, so I thought that flashing the BIOS would help.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

From the readme file of the only bios available for the unit:

Installing the package:

1. Windows: Run 9bcn91ww.exe (with admin authority).

This means that you do not flash the bios at startup but run it with Windows already running.

HylleDK
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,831
Message 3 of 6

Thank you for your reply LenBlazer, I have managed to find a couple of older updates, as described in the readme.

LenBlazer
Bit Torrent
Views: 2,814
Message 4 of 6

@HylleDK wrote:

Thank you for your reply LenBlazer, I have managed to find a couple of older updates, as described in the readme.

I have assumed that you have Win 10 so the previous answer refers to it. Indeed there are available older versions for each version of OS. However, the instruction is still the same. Run the bios file downloaded in Windows with admin rights.

HylleDK
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,810
Message 5 of 6

Well that's unfortunate seeing as i can't access any drives. Guess I'll have to try something else. Thanks for your time, LenBlazer!

LenBlazer
Bit Torrent
Views: 2,794
Message 6 of 6

@HylleDK wrote:

Well that's unfortunate seeing as i can't access any drives. Guess I'll have to try something else. Thanks for your time, LenBlazer!

You are welcome. One possible solution to your problem is to boot using WinToUsb or you can use a Windows bootable drive. That way you can run the bios file easily.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors