Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gmarco
SCSI Port
Views: 366
Message 1 of 3

Z50-70 - Lenovo preinstalled SW after updating to WIN10

I'm working with a Lenovo Z50-70 Win8.1x64 preinstalled and wish to know what to do after updating to WIN10:

- as updating to WIN10 we will have to reinstall all SW programs, what about the Lenovo applictions (OneKey Recovery, Smart Voice, ....)?

- I think its files are in the Lenovo partition, each one has a setup.exe, but there is no help to assist in reinstalling.

Could somebody specify the steps to run?

Thanks.

Mod's Edit: System model added to front of Subject line to improve visibility / clarity.

Guru
Views: 364
Message 2 of 3

Re: Lenovo preinstalled SW after updating to WIN10

First thing I would do is make sure I have the latest drivers and software from support.lenovo.com for Windows 10.

Then check everything that is installed on your machine individually. If a certain program or peripheral doesn't work reinstall the software or the driver.

That is basically it.

Warm regards,
Jonas Hendrickx

Lenovo Insider - Windows Insider MVP

Personal website: ThinkScopes

gmarco
SCSI Port
Views: 327
Message 3 of 3

Re: Lenovo preinstalled SW after updating to WIN10

I apologize for my lack of familiarity with these issues, but currently (win8.1) I'm not finding problems with drivers.
Looking on the support I see that virtually all drivers have updated versions for win10, eg:

Component: audio Operating System: Windows 10(x64)

Found 1 Drivers inWindows 10 (64-bit)

Conexant Audio Driver for Windows 10 (64-bit) - Notebook

Conexant Audio Driver Size:322.8 MB vers. 8.66.4.0_WHQL 07/01/2015

and I see that the BIOS as well has a new version for win10: have I to reinstall it also?

Component: BIOS Operating System: Windows 10(x64)

Found 1 Drivers inWindows 10 (64-bit)

BIOS Update for Windows 7 (32-bit, 64-bit), Windows 8 (64-bit) , Windows 8.1 (64-bit), Windows10 (64...

BIOS Update Size:4.4 MB vers. 91 09/24/2015

and wonder:
1) after the update to win 10, I have to download and install them one by one, or is there a method to do it globally?

Then, I know that not all the SW not MS Operating System currently installed will be lost, and I will have to reinstall it, but I wonder:
2) this also applies to Lenovo preinstalled in win8.1 applications (OneKey Recovery, Smart Voice, ....) ?

3) if the answer is YES, how / where is the recovery? and how do I reinstall?

All this to be able to prepare for migration (eg: by downloading already now all the SW and the drivers that will be needed later) so do not go crazy running after single problems.

Many thanks very much for answers as detailed as possible.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors