Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SoNar83
Punch Card
Views: 539
Message 1 of 4

Z50-70 - Unstable Wireless LAN drivers?

The latest driver versions that have been released for the Lenovo Z50-70 tend to be not functioning correctly on my laptop.
Any WiFi connection tends to be unstable and periodically be disrupted (despite sitting right next to the router), or I can't connect to the network from the start, giving me the yellow exclamation mark symbol on the wifi icon on the task bar.

[This is very frustrating because when I work I often use the printer and when the connection fails, the printing will fail too and I have to start all over again. (and I haven't talked about voice conversations yet)]

I have not encountered any issues until the Win10 anniversary update, where I downloaded and installed all the latest driver version from the Lenovo support website.

For the wireless LAN, it's currently this driver:

Naamloos.jpg

Supported Systems

• IdeaPad Z410, Z510
  • Lenovo G40-30, G50-30
  • Lenovo G70-70
  • Lenovo Z40-70, Z50-70

Is it possible something's wrong with these new drivers, or is my WiFi hardware starting to fail?
(despite that Lenovo Solution Center reports no hardware issues after the diagnostic tests)

PS: in Device Manager, the main WiFi device is called
Qualcomm Atheros AR956x Wireless Network Adapter, running on driver version 10.0.0.341

There's second WiFi driver device though: (next to a lot of WAN miniport thingies)
Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller, running version 10.1.505.2015 (older, from 2015)
I don't know why this second device is here, because all connections seem to be running on the Atheros device (according to the network center in windows' control panel) but could it be interfering?

Thank you for your time and help will be appreciated!

Edit: Only happens with WiFi, not cable/ethernet connections

LenBlazer
Bit Torrent
Views: 506
Message 2 of 4

Re: Z50-70 - Unstable Wireless LAN drivers?

The Realtek driver is for the ethernet connection. For wifi Qualcom is used. Try uninstalling the wifi driver and install the older driver. See to it that Windows autoupdate is disabled so as to prevent Windows from replacing the older driver with the latest one. See if this helps.

SoNar83
Punch Card
Views: 502
Message 3 of 4

That is sort of the problem: I cannot find any older driver versions on Lenovo.com (nor do I have any remaining on the computer)
LenBlazer
Bit Torrent
Views: 498
Message 4 of 4

@SoNar83 wrote:
That is sort of the problem: I cannot find any older driver versions on Lenovo.com (nor do I have any remaining on the computer)

Another way is to go to device manager and revert back the driver for the wifi card. Again you need to disable autoupdate.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors