Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ocirne94
Blue Screen Again
Views: 635
Message 1 of 7

Z50-70 pauses at boot time?

After pressing the power button, the Lenovo white logo on black background appears and stays there for 137 seconds (2 minutes 17 seconds, always the same) no matter what, after which I get the boot loader and all works normally. It looks like it's waiting for some timeout.

This doesn't happen if I reboot: in this case it takes just a few seconds to get to the boot loader.

Any tips?

Thank you!

LenBlazer
Bit Torrent
Views: 623
Message 2 of 7

Re: Z50-70 pauses at boot time?

Please refer to this thread which discusses some steps that you can take to address your problem. You can also check the box with the label No GUI boot as shown in the picture.

system config.JPG

Ocirne94
Blue Screen Again
Views: 576
Message 3 of 7

I may have forgotten to say that I use Linux, not Windows 8.

But the pause happens way before anything like an operating system is loaded - even for accessing the bios (uefi) setup I have to wait the awful 137 seconds.

Ocirne94
Blue Screen Again
Views: 564
Message 4 of 7

Here the results from some more experimentation.

The pause happens with a duration independent from the setting of the "Fast Boot" option in the bios setup.

It never happens when using restart instead of cold boot.

Sometimes (quite rarely, about 10% of times) it doesn't happen even with cold boot.

Most interesting thing, when it happens it always lasts a multiple of ~131.5 seconds: observed times so far are 132, 263 and 394 seconds, that is, 1, 2 and 3 times that duration, with the first case being way more frequent.

Any ideas are very appreciated.

LenBlazer
Bit Torrent
Views: 560
Message 5 of 7

@Ocirne94 wrote:

I may have forgotten to say that I use Linux, not Windows 8.

But the pause happens way before anything like an operating system is loaded - even for accessing the bios (uefi) setup I have to wait the awful 137 seconds.

In that case you should be posting in the linux forum section.

Ocirne94
Blue Screen Again
Views: 557
Message 6 of 7

Hi,

as I have written the problem happens way before any operating system is started, and it was there (with the same features) also before I switched to linux, so I think this section may be more appropriate as it appears to be an os-independent problem

LenBlazer
Bit Torrent
Views: 547
Message 7 of 7

Sorry. I can't help you.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors