9 Signins

67 Page Views

• Views: 67
  • Message 1 of 2

Z50-70 random turning off, problems with self locking

2019-01-04, 16:08 PM

Hi,

I have one older device

It is Lenovo Z 50-70 windows 8.1 64bit - freshly installed.

Previously there was some kind of ransomware - so had to reinstall it

Symptoms: When i work on computer it will suddenly turn off completely, or lock itself, so i have to login to windows - like wakeup from hibernation.

Problem with powering the computer: Sometimes if i want to power up the computer i will press the button, then i can hear optical drive spinning and light on numeric keyboard but only for one second. So, i press button it starts to make noise and then i turns off by itself.

Then after 3 or 4 unsuccesful boots it will boot normally without issues, but after some time it will again restart or turn off by itself(working time could be 5 minutes to several hours - it depends on computer when it want to turn off :) )

I think that it is some kind of hardware issue, but i am not sure, because previously i installed Lubuntu there and it worked absolutely fine, without any restart or some problems.

I already tried: power hard reset(30 sec.) method, without battery using - cannot boot computer, changing RAM slot, cleaning it with air compressor, reinstalling windows many and many times - still have problem to download updates, tried different AC chargers,

EDIT: Left the PC to charge over night - experiment

And realised that it charged batery FULLY. 

There is some kind of problem with charging it, if notebook is turned on - shows that AC adapter is connected, but not charging. If battery has only few % (around 20%) it reboots, and lock computer randomly, indication that battery has to be charged.

If notebook is turned off it charges battery without problems.

Some ideas what i should do ?

Mod's Edit: standardized Font size for easier reading

Options

6 Posts

06-07-2019

NO

6 Signins

61 Page Views

• Views: 61
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Z50-70 random turning off, problems with self locking

2019-06-07, 15:46 PM

Hi,

I have almost the same problem. I am turning on my laptop and it tries to boot but fails and starts again a couple of times. I hear the fan turning on and off for a couple of times and each time it is turning on for a shorter period. And then after I wait a couple of days and try to boot it again and he loads Windows normally. And then again same error.

Anyone at Lenovo willing to help??? I have had my laptop for 4 years. That's not long after my standards. My last Dell laptop lasted for 7 years.

I also tried to boot it with or without battery, I disassembled it and replaced the cooling paste on the CPU and GPU but still no succes.

Any answer would be appreciated.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete