12-26-2017

CZ

6 Signins

116 Page Views

• Views: 116
  • Message 1 of 1

Z50 70 screen remains black on waking/booting

2018-01-25, 14:54 PM

Hi, as the title says, the screen just randomly stopped turning on, the first instance about 2 days ago upon waking it up from sleep, I didn't know what was happening so I tried some of the function buttons to no avail, then control alt delete a few times which would make the screen flicker a bit, and then it just randomly popped up.

This morning I tried to boot up, but the screen remained black and no matter what I did. I tried shutting it down with the power button and pressing the NOVO button - and that made the display turn on, so I just selected normal boot and it was fine. But it just happened again when I left the laptop for a while and the display shut down, and then when I came back it wouldnt turn back on.. and it was rather tricky getting the laptop to shut down properly as the power button would just make it go to sleep. But in the end I managed and the NOVO button worked the charm again. Anyone have any ideas why the screen wont turn on for anything but the NOVO button? Can it be a hardware problem considering this workaround?

FYI: using the screen off Fn button doesn't trigger this problem

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete