cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DavidFTC
Blue Screen Again
Views: 542
Message 1 of 2

Z50-75 AMD Radeon R7: Colour Banding, Ultra reflective display, Blue Screen of Death

New Lenovo Z50-75 just arrived. Immediately noticed the banding issues when viewing any photos whether it be in windows photo viewer or photoshop or on websites. Updated all the drivers and still the same issues. 

Tried drawing a simple gradient in photoshop and the banding is significant.

See video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XaXAN9WA9_g

Tried connecting to an external display to see if the issue was the display or the graphics card/software. After connecting HDMI I get a pop up about installing drivers and then BSOD!

See photo attached

In addition to this the reflections are terrible. I knew this was not going to be a matt screen but with 5 other laptop models here none have the reflections this extreme.

Can something be done about the banding and external display connectivity with software or should I just return this?

Same images and tests carried out on two other laptops (one is 25% cheaper than the Z5 and the other is significantly more expensive) and neither had any of these issues.

febianns
What's DOS?
Views: 350
Message 2 of 2

Re: Z50-75 AMD Radeon R7: Colour Banding, Ultra reflective display, Blue Screen of Death

Same problem here, please help.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors