10-05-2016

ID

5 Signins

43 Page Views

• Views: 43
  • Message 1 of 2

Z50-75 screen blank, connector problem?

2016-10-05, 18:28 PM

My laptop z50-75 Accidentally the screen wont show anything, i mean its just go black even when laptop its self on.
At night i use my laptop normally, no problem at all, then i turn it off, sleep, tomorrow morning i brought it to campus, but suddenly it wont show anything. when i get back home i replace, relocate, cleanoff the ram but nothing changed. Then i connect my laptop to a external monitor and its working.
do you got any idea whats the problem ?
My laptop purchase date is 30-08-2015 did i can still get my warranty ? guess not.
If by any chances i should replace the lcd. how much does it cost ? tthx.
Options

9694 Posts

11-30-2015

PH

6741 Signins

727863 Page Views

• Views: 727863
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Z50-75 screen blank, connector problem?

2016-10-05, 19:07 PM

Hi EstuAnggito , 

Welcome to the Community Forums.

As it displays fine on an external monitor , you may also check if the BIOS would even show up . 

When the laptop is off , use the Novo key to turn on and check if there is display as normally should show the Novo Menu (working outside the operating system). Try changing angle of the screen to check if there would be flickers. 

Warranty repair may no longer be an option now , but try to have it checked with your Campus IT or local service center specially if you do not have the tools to reseat the LCD connector cables (page 60). They may also have same LCD cable and LCD panel to double check functionality. 

Ordering the LCD panel / cable, you need to use the part number that shows from the parts look up page as it is also shown on the general FRU list of the hardware manual (page 83).  

You may call in tech support parts sales department for pricing and availability or search using the part number from trusted resellers in your location. Service centers can also provide you quotation for both parts and labor but best you have it check first with your campus IT guys.

Hope this help answer your query.

Update us how it goes. 

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save