Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shannonest
Paper Tape
Views: 286
Message 1 of 2

Z50 Second Monitor Windows 8 issue

I have a second monitor that I have used for a couple of years now and I just got this new laptop with stupid Windows 8 and it's causing some issues. 

Basically, on Windows 7 my laptop was my default monitor and I would keep a second browser window open so that I could play shows on hulu, movies, etc. on the monitor while I was fooling around on my laptop monitor. And then when I just wanted to watch tv/movies, I would close my laptop.

I have the power settings so that nothing happens when I close the lid, but now when I have something playing fullscreen on my monitor and I close my laptop, it goes black for a second and then the browser I had open on my laptop screen shows up on my monitor. When I reopen my laptop, both screens go black again momentarily and then the fullscreen hulu goes onto the laptop screen.

What I need is for the laptop screen to not turn off when I close it; for nothing to happen at all when I close my lid basically. Does anyone have any tips?

Thanks!

shannonest
Paper Tape
Views: 282
Message 2 of 2

Re: Z50 Second Monitor Windows 8 issue

It wasn't plugged in originally, so I thought that could be the issue. When I plugged it in, sometimes it closes fine with no issues and other times, it does the same thing.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors