Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LondonDogHouse
Paper Tape
Views: 246
Message 1 of 2

Z50: stuck on boot menu?

I have just replaced the hard drive in a machine (Lenovo Z50)  and am attempting to boot from a USB device.

On restarting the machine i was prsented with the boot menu which I chnaged to the following configuration:

1. USB HDD: USB Disk

2. ATAPI CD: PLDS DVD-RW ...

3. ATA HDD: TOSHIBA ..

4. Windows Boot manager

5. PCI LAN: EFI Network (IPv4)

6. PCI LAN: EFI Network (IPv6)

On saving the BIOS sequence and exiting i expected to be taken to the os configuartion process but instead was confronted with the boot menu again rteading the fore mentioned configuration.

I have as yet put nothing onto the hard drive and am trying to boot into Linux Lubuntu which I saved and made bootable using the Unetbootin application.  Does anybody have any ideas or a solution for this issue?  Thanks.... T.

Mod's edit: Updated Subject line with correct model number and moved post to correct forum.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 168
Message 2 of 2

Re: Z50: stuck on boot menu?

Hi LondonDogHouse,

Thanks for reaching us here in our community forums.

Could you try to go back into the BIOS > Security Tab & disable Secure Boot then on Exit Tab > Disable OS Optimized Default, set it to Other OS. When done, hit F10 to save and exit. When the computer restarts, see if it can boot into the USB device. If not, try to hit F12 then select USB.

The reason why the files are not being written on the flash drive would be a corrupted file or a faulty USB flashdrive (bad sectors).

Things to try:
1. Try using a known good USB flashdrive
2. or create a Win10 installation media and use it to clean install Win10 

Link:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/15088/windows-10-create-installation-media

Regards!

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors