Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mlukas
Paper Tape
Views: 5,247
Message 1 of 4

Z500 BIOS update on Windows 8.1

Hello,

I have a Lenovo Z500 notebook and I would like to know if is it safe to run 1.21 BIOS update for Windows 8 on Windows 8.1 64bit? I have a problem with Fn keys and in my current BIOS (1.10) there are no option for it.

Sorry for my english and thank you for your reply.

LenBlazer
Bit Torrent
Views: 5,232
Message 2 of 4

Re: Z500 BIOS update on Windows 8.1

@mlukas wrote:

Hello,

I have a Lenovo Z500 notebook and I would like to know if is it safe to run 1.21 BIOS update for Windows 8 on Windows 8.1 64bit? I have a problem with Fn keys and in my current BIOS (1.10) there are no option for it.

Sorry for my english and thank you for your reply.

The bios is not OS dependent. I think the flash program used to update the bios will run properly under windows 8.1. Before you do the updating try to do a backup of your present bios so that you can always go back to it if you want to. See the picture below on how to do the backup and update of the bios.

bios backup.JPG

mlukas
Paper Tape
Views: 5,204
Message 3 of 4

Thank you for your instructions. I will try it and edit this post later to write if it works.

EDIT:

BIOS updated succesfully but it did not make backup of previous BIOS which according to description in platform.ini file should be in the same directory as update program. Anyway for now everything works Smiley Happy

LenBlazer
Bit Torrent
Views: 5,175
Message 4 of 4

@mlukas wrote:

Thank you for your instructions. I will try it and edit this post later to write if it works.

EDIT:

BIOS updated succesfully but it did not make backup of previous BIOS which according to description in platform.ini file should be in the same directory as update program. Anyway for now everything works Smiley Happy

It should be somewhere. It is not in the same name but it is a bin file. So you might try searchin for a bin file.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors