Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
Message 1 of 1 (631 Views)

Z500 Battery issues not charging

[ Edited ]

Hi I have a lenovo ideapad z500 that I've fitted a new battery in as it had not been charging the old one for some time , It now won't charge the new battery I've tried updating the firmware and it won't allow that now saying "this system is not suitable or prepared for firmware updates" this only occurred after having updated the bios as it allowed me to use the firmware tool before ( incidentally it never updated the firmware then either) . I'm at the end of my tether with all the workarounds this seems to be a seriously bad laptop with loads of issues with windows 8 & 8.1 which it comes packaged with !!! Please if anyone has an actual fix which works I'd be much obliged , really wasn't happy with the screen brightness issue either this machine needs to be recalled due to the amount of silly issues it "just" seems to develop. waiting by the keyboard for the first knee jerk fix also it should be known I've a degree In I.T. and have repaired/refurbed 30k plus units for acer/sony/emachines/gateway/lenovo/toshiba and so on, so no turn it off then on again pls I may have to laugh Smiley Happy

Moderator Note; subject edited

Top kudoed Authors