Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sparde
What's DOS?
Views: 1,565
Message 1 of 2

Z500 Usb 2.0 not working

Hello. I have Lenovo Ideapad z500. My right usb ports were constantly disconnecting so i cleaned them with alcohol,but afterwards i get no power at all.

What might have happened? Is there any way to fix it? It is not a software problem because normally the mouse i connect to the USB blinks its lights yet now it does not. 

Currently i am using an USB hub connected to USB 3.0 port.Is there any way to fix 2xusb2.0 ports? 

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 1,549
Message 2 of 2

Re: Z500 Usb 2.0 not working

hi sparde,

Welcome to the Lenovo Forums.

Just to check, when you said you cleaned the usb ports with alcohol, did you mean you cleaned them using cotton buds that's slightly dipped with a 90% isopropyl alcohol while the computer is completely powered off (AC adapter unplugged)?

If you don't hear a sound that a USB device has been plugged-in nor the USB port doesn't get power (either from a mouse, cellphone, etc.) then there's mose likely a hardware failure on those ports (probably shorted). 

Things that you can try:

1. Boot into the BIOS (either by pressing  Fn+F2 during boot-up or via the UEFI firmware settings). Once you're in the BIOS, press Fn+F9 to load factory defaults and press Fn+F10 to save and exit (this should re-initialize the hardware settings on the PC to factory settings).

2. In Windows, check if the USB 2.0 ports are disabled (the USB root hubs should be enabled under Device Manager > Universal Serial Bus Controllers.

- Sample image

If the USB root hubs are enabled, try to refresh them by uninstalling all USB root hubs then reboot. After the reboot,all USB 2.0 controllers should be refreshed. Try to insert a USB device (flashdrive, mouse, cellphone) and observe.

If same problem, I recommend you contact lenovo and report the issue as you may need to send the unit for service.

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors