Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tindery
Fanfold Paper
Views: 602
Message 1 of 4

Z500 - applications crashes after RAM upgrade

Hello i have a problem with my Lenovo Ideapad Z500 with windows 7

2 days ago i bought new RAM ( Corsair SO-DIMM 8GB KIT DDR3 1333MHz CL9 ) to replace the original memory stick. 

However immediatelly after the update all games i played crashed within 10-15 minutes (sometimes just game crashed sometimes blue screen)

i ran memtest86 - no problem found

i ran 3DMark test and it crashed during combined test

any idea what might be wrong? (get it? ideapad? not funny? ok Smiley Sad )

Thanks

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 589
Message 2 of 4

Re: Z500 - applications crashes after RAM upgrade

hi Tindery,

Welcome to the Lenovo Forums.

Can you try to run Bluescreenview or similar tool to read the BSOD crash dump (this will give us an idea if the problem is caused by a driver or something else).

Also just to verify, if you put back the stock RAM, are you still getting the same BSOD error?

Let me know how it goes.

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Tindery
Fanfold Paper
Views: 581
Message 3 of 4

those BSODs were quite rare (just those 2)  and i didn't try to put my old ram back cause it takes quite a long time and i was hoping to avoid it ... but those were my first BSOD in several months

http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/image/serverpage/image-id/41744iE33A73D1B4F8BDBC/image-size/original?v=...

thanks

Tindery

edit:

this error happened few minutes ago and i think it might tell you something more

http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/image/serverpage/image-id/41748i3100087CCA81BE02/image-size/original?v=m...

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 518
Message 4 of 4

hi,

My thoughts regarding the BSOD error(s) that you linked:

0X1000007E
SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

Caused by: tcpip.sys / afd.sys

- it's possible that your TCP/IP stack is corrupted. Try to reset / rebuild it via this microsoft article.

0x0000001E
KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

Caused by: ntoskrnl.exe+75bc0

- Parameter 1: 0xC0000005: STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION

- A memory access violation occurred. (Parameter 4 of the bug check is the address that the driver attempted to access.)

- occurs when a program attempts to access a memory location that it is not allowed to access, or attempts to access a memory location in a way that is not allowed (see segmentation fault)

- the error from this screenshot could be from the program itself (is it updated?) or from the hardware (memory).

Since you have an 8GB kit, is this 2pcs 4GB? If yes, have you tried running memtest86 (passmark version) on each module?

Other things that you can try:

1. Run Windows Update to get the latest patch and bug fixes for the OS

2. Boot in Safe Mode / Safe Mode with Networking and observe if you still get BSOD. If everything's fine, perform a clean boot and observe the system in normal mode.

Let me know how it goes.

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors