12-15-2014 03:52 AM
After i formated from win 8to win 8.1 , used the brightness button and then suddenly the display went dim. Not possible to adjust the brightness afterwards. even the display bar is functioning, but the display remain dim and fixed dim. What can be done to fix it?
12-15-2014 04:30 AM
Just to test the display, shut down the unit then try booting to bios. Once there adjust the brightness. If you can adjust the brightness then it could be a problem with some program or with the OS.
12-15-2014 04:39 AM
12-15-2014 04:43 AM
If you have an Intel+Nvidia GPU, can you consider doing the following:
1. Uninstall the Lenovo Energy Management, Intel, and Nvidia driver from the Control Panel (icon views) > Programs and Features (reboot if necessary).
2. Re-install these drivers (in order) and reboot if necessary:
When finished, try toggling the the brightness key and observe.
12-15-2014 05:37 AM
Plz can you give me all the instructions gradually like from where i need
to start doing all that bcuz i am confused now just by you telling me to do
that. I really need to use my laptop this afternoon on project and i am
eyes issue. Thanks
1. Shut off your computer.
2. Press the NOVO button located near the Power plug.
3. Select from the menu: Setup. You should now be in the bios.'
4. Now adjust the brightness using the Fn buttons.