GB

7 Signins

82 Page Views

• Views: 82
  • Message 1 of 3

Z500 touch 1080p non-touch replacement display

2019-08-30, 22:40 PM

Hi,

I have a Lenovo z500 touch which I would like to install a 1080p screen on.

I’ve understood that the touch models do not support switching out screens, so my question is can I switch out the entire display assembly for the screen from a 1080p model.  Will the hinges fit?

I do not care about the touch screen, I’ll gladly lose that in exchange for a 1080p display.

I’ve seen lots of extremely similar looking models z510 for instance which look like they should fit, can anyone confirm or deny this?

Thanks!

Kjell

Solved! See the solution
Options

445 Posts

11-04-2019

US

169 Signins

12767 Page Views

• Views: 12767
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: Z500 touch 1080p non-touch replacement display

2020-02-04, 14:20 PM

Welcome to the Community Forums kje11!

Sorry for the delayed response, just joined here recently and noticed your post.

Do you still need assistance about this concern?

It would be still recommended to use the parts that is compatible with your Ideapad Z500 touch laptop that's based on your device's hardware maintenance manual.

You may check page 99 up to 100 of your hardware manual to see the list of compatible LCDs/displays that can be used for your laptop.

As for the action that you're trying to perform on your laptop, we cannot assure or guarantee if they will work on the laptop even if they do have the same requirements/specifications though it would be recommended to contact the seller first and inquire for their return policy if in case those items won't work or won't be compatible with the device.

Hope this helps out.

Thanks!

Adriel_lenovo

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Options

1 Posts

08-30-2019

GB

7 Signins

82 Page Views

• Views: 82
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: Z500 touch 1080p non-touch replacement display

2020-02-05, 9:05 AM

Hello,

It all ended up working out well, I took a chance and bought a 1080p screen (CHI MEI N156HGE LB1) and a new display cable (DC02001MC10) from a non-touch z510 I believe. 

I disassembled the touch screen from my z500 and with the help of a heatgun removed the lcd from the glass, it was easy with a little patience.  The replacement screen attached with the left over old glue and screws.

After reinstalling the display driver and a couple restarts it fired up and works great, so all in all it was a total success; I now have a 1080p  screen exactly as I had hoped, the touch functionality is lost, but the original glass bezel is there and unless you're really looking for it you'd never see that it has been modified.

-Kjell

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save