Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
nikitasius
Fanfold Paper
Views: 731
Message 1 of 4

Z51-70 - Warranty wrong date (bought jan'2016, start from jul'2015)

Hello!

I've bought my z51-70 in janyary'2016. But warranty starts (on lenovo website) from jul'2015. How i can update my warranty dates to the date when i've bought this laptop?

Country - France.

Seller - Cdiscount.

Mod's Edit: System model added to front of Subject line to improve visibility / clarity.

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 712
Message 2 of 4

Re: Z51-70 - Warranty wrong date (bought jan'2016, start from jul'2015)

Sorry to hear of your problem. With retail sales Lenovo starts the warranty on the day the retail store purchased their shipment of computers. Lenovo will then add an additional month to the warranty to compensate for the time the computer may have sat in a warehouse or on the store's shelf before being sold. In your situation the computer sat longer than expected. Not a problem. You can contact Lenovo at the website below and they will update your warranty information to the correct day you purchased it. You will have to send them a scan of your purchase receipt / invoice for proof of purchase date.  Just choose your Region and select Purchase Date Update as the Request and then fill in the remaining information along with a brief explanation of the warranty date problem in the Description.

www.lenovo.com/registrationsupport

please mark it as an "Accept As Solution"
♦ I'm not a Lenovo employee, just a volunteer geek who likes to help folks.
Sorry, I don't read unsolicited Private Messages. If you have an issue, posting in     the appropriate forum is the best way to get assistance.

Communities:    English English    Deutsche Deutsche     Español Español     Portugues Portugues     Russian flag Русскоязычное

nikitasius
Fanfold Paper
Views: 699
Message 3 of 4

I've made request with this link. Now i have ticket number. Thanks for help!

tripplec
Bit Torrent
Views: 695
Message 4 of 4

My warranty was wrong as well. Its based on the machine build date typically. I bought online from a retailer. I called today, spoke to a rep (Dan) explained it to him. He gave me an email address which I emailed my PDF purchase proof. 15min later it was taken care of.

Very simple and straight forward. He checked the received email himself and said it would be taken care of. I got a confirmation it was done by email.

You cannot do this on a forum as well rectifying problems unless someone has experienced and fixed it.

T520 Model 4239 Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2860QMbr>; Nvidia NVS 4200M Win 10 64bit
Z70-80 I7 - 5500U 16GB GB - 1TB HD Win 10 64bit FHD 17.3", G840 w/2GB

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors