Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jimmyyu
What's DOS?
Views: 1,062
Message 1 of 3

Z51 WIFI PROBLEM

I just bought Lenovo Z51 i5.

Initlaly the wifi worked fine. However, I noticed that since I used this laptop, my home wifi keeped disconnected. It essentially turned my whole house wifi down i.e. all my other devices were unable to connect to the internet unless I restarted my router.

Then, a while after restart, the internet is down again and I have to restart it again. The problem happened very frequently and finally, I determined that it was due to this new laptop's wifi card issue.

I was not able to find any new update for the wifi card driver. (And I suspect if any software update will work)

Hence, I changed to a USB wifi and disabled the wifi card on the laptop. The network then runs smoothly and the problem of keeping disconnecting is gone.

I still have another 7 days to return this laptop to the shop. If I am not able to find the solution for this, most likely I have to give up this laptop.

Router: DIR636L - D-link

Wifi card: Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless AC3160

Windows 8.1

binhvap
What's DOS?
Views: 1,002
Message 2 of 3

Re: Z51 WIFI PROBLEM

I had bought Lenovo Z51 I7 and install Windows 10 pro 64 bit, but wifi can not connect homework wifi (driver already). However, another lapptop can connect to it. I try share wifi from Iphone 6 then Z51 can connect. Pls help me!

P/s: This lapptop install windows 7 can not connect too.

LenBlazer
Bit Torrent
Views: 994
Message 3 of 3

Re: Z51 WIFI PROBLEM

@jimmyyu wrote:

I just bought Lenovo Z51 i5.

Initlaly the wifi worked fine. However, I noticed that since I used this laptop, my home wifi keeped disconnected. It essentially turned my whole house wifi down i.e. all my other devices were unable to connect to the internet unless I restarted my router.

Then, a while after restart, the internet is down again and I have to restart it again. The problem happened very frequently and finally, I determined that it was due to this new laptop's wifi card issue.

I was not able to find any new update for the wifi card driver. (And I suspect if any software update will work)

Hence, I changed to a USB wifi and disabled the wifi card on the laptop. The network then runs smoothly and the problem of keeping disconnecting is gone.

I still have another 7 days to return this laptop to the shop. If I am not able to find the solution for this, most likely I have to give up this laptop.

Router: DIR636L - D-link

Wifi card: Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless AC3160

Windows 8.1

I think your router and wifi card are match properly and you just need to make some adjustment with the router and wifi card. Why not call Dlink's tech support to help set up the router properly to consider your new wifi card? And as to the wifi card settings go to Intel's site and locate the suggested settings for your card.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors