Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ahsobati
Blue Screen Again
Views: 11,459
Message 1 of 23

Z510 Battery Problem Plugged In Charging But Remains On 0%

Hi everyone.

Hi dear lenovo experts Smiley Very Happy!

I'm going to describe the problem i faced these days.

I installed windows 8.1 pro with WMC on my lenovo z510 laptop and installed energy management driver

from laptop's drivers dvd.

after i installed LEM (lenovo energy management) i started the gauge reset process for my laptop.

after some hours i saw nothing is happenning so i made a mistake and cancelled gauge reset in the management software and after that when i restarted my laptop my battery icon says PLUGGED IN CHARGING

but it just remians on 0% !!!!!

I searched a lot !

some people had the similar problem and their problem were solved by for example uninstall and reinstalling

MICROSOFT ACPI.

but notice that i reinstalled my windows 8.1 ! i changed in to windows 7 ! again changed it to windows 8.1 !!!

but at last nothing happened ! i updated the energy management software ! nothing happened !

some people were guided that you must restart to BIOS menu and from there restore BIOS defaults !

but i couldn't enter BIOS from any ways ! from pressing F1 ! from the way based on windows 8.1 and UEFI frimware settings (somthing like that) ! from none of them i could enter the BIOS!

so now my battery is still facing the problem !you know that it's not easy to unattatch and reattatch z510 battery that is internal ! so at last i must say that i've checked a lot of ways and now my battery is still having problem !

what should I do ?

thank you all for your professional suggestions !

TNX alot............  

------MJ------
Punch Card
Views: 11,383
Message 2 of 23

Re: Z510 Battery Problem Plugged In Charging But Remains On 0%

Go to Control Panel > Action Center 

Is there a message regarding "Compatibility issue between your power management system and Windows" ?

I have exactly the same problem as yours, I am making sure that the battery isn't the problem but Windows 8.1 not being compatible with some drivers. 

ahsobati
Blue Screen Again
Views: 11,371
Message 3 of 23

yes ! i found that message !

tnx for your reply !

ok what's your next step ?

but -MJ- did you read the part of my message that i siad i changed my windows to 7 an d again reinstalled windows 8.1 but in both 7 & 8.1 i had the problem !

you know the thing that makes me worried is that this issue happened after the guage reset that i interrupted ! during the guage reset process i cancelled it and after that in lenovo forum i saw that i shouldn't have cancelled that process !

so i'm worried that maybe the interuppted gauge reset is the matter !

TNX for accompany....Smiley Happy

------MJ------
Punch Card
Views: 11,367
Message 4 of 23

I don't think it has to do with the gauge reset, i have this problem but did not use gauge reset. Still not sure what the problem is though, how long did you have this laptop?

You said you couldn't enter the BIOS, on your laptop there is a small button beside the charger plug you press when your laptop is turned off, it will turn on and take you to BIOS automatically.

ahsobati
Blue Screen Again
Views: 11,358
Message 5 of 23

TNX!

i've had this laptop for i think 6 months ! i'm not sure maybe a bit older or younger !

thank you for the BIOS help ... it was something important ...

you said you haven't started gauge reset ! & this is something good to the issue that now i'm not worried about gauge reset .........

------MJ------
Punch Card
Views: 11,349
Message 6 of 23

Having a dead battery after 6 month is quite odd. Can you answer these questions for me please ?

1) Is the environment you use your laptop quite hot?
2) Did you have small battery problems before being 0% all the time?
3) Did your CPU Ghz speed get affected with your battery problem? Try checking your Ghz speed, To check it go to Task Manager > Performance > Go to the CPU section, it is "speed"

ahsobati
Blue Screen Again
Views: 11,333
Message 7 of 23

Foe the first one I must say that no I usually use it at room temperature except times that I played some games that the cpu,laptop and battery went hot. .
For the second one : no I haven't had little problems except the calibration priblem I mean the battery wasn't calibrated it was showing 1hour and a half but it suddenly shut down after 5 minutes! Because of this problem I went to do the gauge reset process and the death of battery happened after that!
Abd give me some time to check the third question and insha'allah I will tell you the answer soon!
Ok let me ask you a question! I read somewhere that the solution for survivng dead battery is to unplug AC and remove battery wiat 30 seconds and again attach the battery and AC and so the battery will become alive!:d I read in alotof forums! Do you have opinions on how to remove the battery of z510 that is internal battery? This will help both of us! This solution seems to work very good!Smiley Happy
------MJ------
Punch Card
Views: 11,319
Message 8 of 23

You can check on youtube for laptop z510 disassemble showing you everything in detail. But remember if you are  trying to remove your battery you will violate your warranty.

Sucks that some batteries have to be inside laptops.

Before we go into any conclusions let's see how much battery life you have remaining:

First open your command prompt and make sure it's run as administrator, now type "powercfg -energy -output  c:\energy-report.html" without the quotation marks

lalalalalalaallalalalaa.png

Second, press enter then wait for about 1 minute. After that close your command prompt. 

Then go to your ( C: ) drive, there you will find energy-report which is opened by google chrome as you can see  here:

kokok.png

Open it up and keep scrolling down until you find the battery information, here i will show you mine:

alsofldf.png

My Design Capacity is 43200 while my last charge is much lower with 6200, to see how much battery % life remaining, simply divide last full charge by design capacity then multiply by 100. Mine turns out to be 14% which is low but the fact that it's not 0 or 1% means that my battery is not the problem with having 0% all the time.

ahsobati
Blue Screen Again
Views: 11,310
Message 9 of 23

dear helper -MJ- something strange happened today !

last time i used m laptop (with AC ofcourse) was near 30 hours ago ...

after that i had a trip so i put it in my bag and it was near 6 hours facing cold air !

not too much cold but colder than room temprature...

after the trip i just connected the AC to laptop and didn't connect the other end to electricity ...

today after that 30 hours i came back to my laptop and when i connected the AC to electircity i saw suddenly that

the battery LED blinked a ffew times and then it became white i mean as the normal battery !

so i turned on my laptop and really really thank GOD i saw that it is showing fully charged ! i disconnected the AC and still it was working !

now the battery is running normal !

i must add something that yeterday i did another thing with my BIOS but it haven't successed !

i went to BIOS and restored all keys,setups and etc. to defaults but a new problem happened there that my pc couldn't boot but the problem was solved !  when i searched i found the solutionn !

so at the end i must say i really don't what was the thing that made it normal !

1)maybe the colder temprature

2)maybe the 30 hours being shut down with no work from laptop

3)maybe the bios ?

i still won't close the topic and hope you get your laptop normal again as soon as possible insha'allah...

but thank you for aaaaallllllllllllll your helps including BIOS and etc. god bless you ...

and at last these are powercfg results :

http://upir.ir/bahman93/Untitled_b86d0.jpg

------MJ------
Punch Card
Views: 11,298
Message 10 of 23

I am glad you resolved your problem, looks like you still have 71% battery life which is quite good. I'll try to turn off my laptop for 30+ hours and see if that will work. 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors