Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PatelTilak
Blue Screen Again
Views: 699
Message 1 of 3

Z510 Battery wear level 20% in less than one year

Hello,

I have Lenovo Z510 Laptop which is 11 months old. Recently, I noticed that my battery is not lasting long as it used to be. Later, I found out that my battery wear level is 20% using BatteryCare software.

I always use Conservation mode, as I keep my laptop plugged in most of time.

Is this wear level normal or I should ask for replacement ?

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 688
Message 2 of 3

Re: Z510 Battery wear level 20% in less than one year

Welcome to the Lenovo Community !

Please review the message thread I have linked below.  The topic concerns battery issues with the Z510 model and that the problem is currently being investigated by Lenovo.  You might consider posting in that message thread as well so that you will be notified of any updates on the problem. 

http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Lenovo-Z510-Battery-Issues/td-p/2040767

please mark it as an "Accept As Solution"
♦ I'm not a Lenovo employee, just a volunteer geek who likes to help folks.
Sorry, I don't read unsolicited Private Messages. If you have an issue, posting in     the appropriate forum is the best way to get assistance.

Communities:    English English    Deutsche Deutsche     Español Español     Portugues Portugues     Russian flag Русскоязычное

cabbton
Punch Card
Views: 658
Message 3 of 3

Re: Z510 Battery wear level 20% in less than one year

As mentioned above the referenced thread demonstrates a clear batterry defect on this model and Lenovo seem to be aware, though we have had no word yet on a comprehensive solution.

I don't know what you're using to determine 20% wear but if your battery is functioning normally (other than less charge time than when new) otherwise I wouldn't pay too much attantion to 3rd party hardware monitoring software in this regard, they are notoriously unreliable. My wear shows differently (i.e less) after each recalibration and good condition, even though the calibration from Energy Manager is failing to behaave correctly.

If you have a genuine physical battery fault then add your voice to the linked thread, otherwise I wouldn't worry too much.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors