Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
5pida
Paper Tape
Views: 893
Message 1 of 4

Z510 Dropping ethernet Connection

Hello,

I have a Z510 and since the beginning I have always had issues with the wifi and the ethernet speeds, but having upgraded to Windows 10 i have been having continuously dropped connections that does with the speeds not matchcing what I was getting on other systems. The big issue I had is that being connected to through ethernet directly to the modem/router I would get random drops in connection where the status would say that I am disconnected when obviously am not. 

The relevent drivers that I have installed are as followed:

For the WLAN driver - Broadcom 802.11n Network Adapter - 7.35.267.0

For the LAN Drivers - Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller - 10.23.1003.2017

I have tried numerous different drivers versions and the drivers taken directly from the link below.

https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/ideapad-z-series-laptops/ideapad-z5...

The issue has not been resolved through every possible troubleshooting steps that I found on the internet.

Highlighted
JDGillis
Bit Torrent
Views: 882
Message 2 of 4

Re: Z510 Dropping ethernet Connection

I would try executing the following commands one at a time from an elevated Command Prompt (Admin) if you have not tried them already.   

Note:  It is probably a good idea to create a System Restore Point before before proceeding. 

• ipconfig/release 
  • ipconfig/renew 
  • ipconfig /flushdns 
  • netsh int ip reset c:\tcp.txt 
  • netsh winsock reset
  • Reboot system and test

Also I would reset the router, which I presume is the 192.168.0.1 address you are pinging.

As a more drastic step, you can also reset all of the network components Windows 10

• Right-click on Start and select  Settings
  • Select  Network & Internet
  • Select  Status  in left pane
  • Select  Network Reset in right pane

Best of luck,

5pida
Paper Tape
Views: 872
Message 3 of 4

Okay so I followed your first set of steps to the key and and immediately came up with the same problem of the ethernet disconnecting. I have task manager open and you can see the ethernet come up as disconnected for approximately 3-5 seconds and restart. 

gongming
What's DOS?
Views: 272
Message 4 of 4

Hi 5pida

I have exactly the same issue as yours. 

My ethernet keeps dropping and switch between ethernet and wifi, and I am driven to crazy some time when I would like to download something.

By the way, I noticed that when I directly plug the ethernet to the router, it can be better than when I connect the cable to switch.

do you find any solutions?

Thanks. 

B. R.

Gongming

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors