Did you mean: 
thehamzan6
Paper Tape
Views: 604
Message 1 of 2

Z510 - Latest Bios update caused automatic booting to OneKey Recovery

Hello, dear Lenovo users.

Today, a few hours ago, I decided to update my bios via the following:

http://mobilesupport.lenovo.com/in/hi/products/laptops-and-netbooks/ideapad-z-series-laptops/ideapad...

After updating, the computer restarted and then suddenly something very unusual displayed on the screen:

"Loading files.." with a progressbar, then afterwards the Lenovo logo showed up trying to boot into OneKey Recovery.

I assure you that I had all the programs closed, and encountered no issues when I first ran this update. It automatically caused me to restart and began updating.

How do I fix this issue? I have really important files in this laptop and I do not want to restore my data to its initial state. I do not mind restoring everything to the very beginning but I need my data for work.

thehamzan6
Paper Tape
Views: 584
Message 2 of 2

Re: Z510 - Latest Bios update caused automatic booting to OneKey Recovery

Oh dear.

I managed to access the bios by spamming my F2 key, changing the boot mode from UEFI to Legacy, exiting saving changes and then it stopped looping into OneKey Recovery.

Afterwards I restarted my computer and entered the bios, changed the boot mode back to UEFI and it still worked.

Unusual, but at least it worked. Just incase if anyone encounters this issue as I did, this might help solve it.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors