cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Views: 7,916

Question

I have recently bought a Lenovo IdeaPad Z510. I have a problem after installing Windows 8.1 x64 and all the Lenovo Drivers from Lenovo support site.

My WiFi connection is at 300.0Mbps that is coming from a wireless router TP-link from a Gigabit WAN connection.

Contrarty to my other laptop "Other Brand" which tops at 100MB/upload and download, this Z510 can't get to 100MB and tops at 30MB/upload and download. 

Is there a way I can sort this out or this is my wireless card faulty? 

Answer

A driver from Intel website seems to solve this issue at the moment while Lenovo will check this with engineering team.

A community user suggested the methods below: 

1. Please remove the current drivers that you have by uninstalling the Proset Wireless software on the Add/Remove Programs in Control Panel.

2. Then go to Device Manager and uninstall the Intel Dual Band Wireless-N 7260. Make sure to exactly follow the screenshot below:

Capture.JPG

3. Keep repeating the procedure to ensure that you have deleted the driver/software until Windows can't find the drivers on the local drive.

4. You should see either an unknown network adapter shown in Device Manager or you've rolled back to Microsoft's driver.

5. Then download this driver and Intel Proset software from Intel: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?DwnldID=23258

6. Test and see if you get all your internet speed.

Was this information helpful?

Comments
ernet

Nobody doesn't know why but with Windows 8 there is no problems with WiFi and others issues.

Hi ernet,

Thanks for posting, It is still an unusual issue when it come to win8/win8.1 with wireless. This specific issue is not only limited to Lenovo but it appears to be impacting majority of the Mobile PC industry. From my uderstanding it appears that the Win8 architecture is very different from previous version of the Windows and hence this is making it harder from manufacturers to pin point the root cause. It appears that every time anew driver improvement is rolled out it happens to affect either different parts of the same component or a diffrent components. 

We are constantly improving this issue whilst working with the card manufacturers, so i believe it would be just a matter of time before we can stabalise the issue.

Thanks posting.

Regards