cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Views: 1,410

Question

I have recently bought a Lenovo IdeaPad Z510. After installing Windows 8.1 x64 and all the Lenovo drivers from Lenovo support website, and updating Windows 8.1 x64 with the latest updates, I got a problem that the Wifi connection is not able to go to top speed.

My WiFi Connection is at 300.0Mbps that is coming from a wireless router TP-Link from a Gigabit WAN connection. But the Z510 cannot get to 100MB speediest and tops at 30MB/upload and download; my other laptop (other brand) tops at 100MB/upload and download though.

Is there away i can sort this out or is my wireless card faulty? 

Answer

Remove the current software that you have by unistalling the PROSET Wireless software on the add/remove programs.

Then go to Device Manager and uninstall the Intel 7260 card from there. Make sure to delete the driver and software as per the screenshot below:

Capture.JPG

Keep repeating the procedure and make sure to delete the driver software until Windows can't find the drivers on the local drive.

You either should see an unknon network adapter shown in device manager or you've rolled back to Microsoft's driver. 

Then download this driver and PROSET software from Intel: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?DwnldID=23258

Test and see if you get all your internet speed.

Was this information helpful?