Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Grendert
Paper Tape
Views: 294
Message 1 of 1

Z510 charger shutdown

Hello

I have a Z510 Lenovo laptop and I've been working with him without problems for a few months, but from last week when I'm trying to work it shutdowns without notifying anything.

I've been trying to find the solution.

First of all I don't think is a heating problem, it happens with me with video games such as world of warcraft, with programs like autoCAD, but it happens me as well just talking on skype with some friends. I've also been messuring the temperature and everything stays normal between 30 and 50º.

Here is the funny thing. It doesn't happen if I'm working without the charger.  So I think it is clear that the charger is the problem.

I've been trying with all the different battery programs such as "high performance" and "balanced"

I just updated the graphic drivers (both, nvidia and intel) and the intel management application and driver with no luck.

What I don't get, is why even if my battery is on when the charger is connected it also goes off. And the first time can stay 20 minutes without going off but once it starts it just goes down every 5 minutes or even before.

I've been reading that a lot of people has the same problem with this model of laptop, but I couldn't find a proper answer or a solution to the matter in hand.

Hope everything is clearly explained and we can get to a solution soon

Thanks very much

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors