Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mi_ron
Paper Tape
Views: 4,238
Message 21 of 52

Re: Z510 random shut downs (hard) when plugged in

I have the same issue since november.
I know, its NOT motherboard, or power supply's plug fault, but the COOLING. If i use the laptop in BALANCED mode in the energy manager (balanced up to 2ghz while plugged), there's no issue. Whenever I change to PERFORMANCE mode (up to 3.2ghz) and start playing something (more heat) the issue turns out.
Only solution for me, -since my warranty expired-  is to apply an external 12cm FAN (powered by a 12v power adaptor) to one side of the laptop. It can help cooling the whole thing.

mi_ron
Paper Tape
Views: 4,215
Message 22 of 52

I was wrong... Since jan. 4. i had so many Shut Downs I cant believe. (but i didnt use the external FAN, so...)
Its really not the cooling, but the power supply's plug fault... On Battery, its good. While plugged, its good until you touch something on it (keys, mouse pad, mouse)... Instantly turns OFF. Really-really annoying.
Dont know what should i do.. Maybe contact with the support.

cenko32
Paper Tape
Views: 4,179
Message 23 of 52

Hi all,

Unfortunately my z510 also shuts down randomly. Before shutting down, sometimes it works 15 mins, sometimes 5 secs. Even if I do nothing with it, it still shuts down.  

No warrenty cause I already open the chasis and checked the fan and cleanliness when I was abroad and badly needed my notebook to work. Nothing was wrong, fan was clean and there was no over heating or anything abnormal. 

To my knowledge, whenever one of the system components have an issue, for the sake of saving the whole system, windows shuts  itselves down.

I hope it is not the motherboard (the most expensive)

Or Lenovo may take action to correct such a repeating complain on their notebooks. ???? 

mi_ron
Paper Tape
Views: 4,162
Message 24 of 52

Well, i have the same thing as u. I opened and cleaned it. Issue remained.

But now, issue gone. IDK why, it just gone. Only thing i did, was that i threatened the laptop, and pull up the plug.  
I also called all the services... etc etc.

But now, its working, no instant shut downs.
You should also dload the LENOVO SOLUTION CENTER, idk if it helps, but i have this thing on my laptop. Smiley Happy

cenko32
Paper Tape
Views: 4,151
Message 25 of 52

I am planning to send my notebook to the service. Lets see what they will say.

mi_ron
Paper Tape
Views: 3,916
Message 26 of 52

I Have this issue again... Since morning... It comes from 1 to 2... I dont know why.. Anybody anything ?
Lenovo ? @Lenovo ?  It was a 900$ laptop LOL

epanosian
Punch Card
Views: 3,869
Message 27 of 52

Hello,

I have the same issue. I installed Linux (Ubuntu) hopping it will help, but it did not. 

Any idea/comments/suggestions?

Thank you,

EPanosian

bibyans
Paper Tape
Views: 3,829
Message 28 of 52

I bought lenolvo Z510 ideapad 2 yeras back and now having same issue as mentioned above I.e shut down when on charging and working fine.changed adaptor as well but issue still petsists.    as the it is also out of warrenty. Plz help on this issue. Thanks in adavance

Regards

Sunil

Mob ********

Mod's Edit: Personal information removed to protect owner from unwanted use.

Palatino123
What's DOS?
Views: 3,706
Message 29 of 52

Same problem here,

Two years and half old Z510, so no warranty. When plugged in it suddenly shut downs, on battery works fine.
It's not software issue (happens also using Linux), it's not overheating (I clean the fan and replace the thermal paste) and it's not the charger (tried with a different one).

Does anyone know an email where I can ask for technical support? ( I can't even find an email!) I really think this should be covered by Lenovo as it's obviously a bad design problem.

I find extremely dissapointing that a 1000 € laptop lasts just two years an half, never again Lenovo.

krisman
SCSI Port
Views: 3,516
Message 30 of 52

my laptop 2 years, exactly the same problem the second time already, for the first time helped firmware bios on programator and now is not, who knows what the problem or not?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors