Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
grayarea1122
What's DOS?
Views: 512
Message 31 of 34

Re: Z560 Headphone Static?

I have the exact same problem with the Lenovo Z560 laptop I just got. There is an extremely loud static noise and high pitched whining sound that is constantly heard while the AC adapter is plugged in. The audio card is the Conexant CX20671 Smart Audio HD). I tried all kinds of things to try and make the high pitched noise and static sound go away, but nothing has worked. There is some sort of hardware issue with this laptop.

I will be returning the laptop and I am disappointed because I liked it otherwise. I especially like the feel of the keyboard and the clickiness of it. Anyway, I'm extremely disappointed by my experience with Lenovo. It was the first time I purchased a Lenovo laptop and I cannot be more turned off now. Expected much more and can't believe they let something so fundamentally flawed to be made into production.

ilkhanipourk
Paper Tape
Views: 477
Message 32 of 34

Does anyone have a solution? I'm almost close to returning it if it's not fixed and it'd be a pity because besides the static, I like this laptop =(

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Views: 471
Message 33 of 34

flashing bios update and/or upgrading sound drivers are not working, i suggest you to contact lenovo support line and ask for replacement.

http://www.krasotaiskusstva.com
martinkeys
Fanfold Paper
Views: 461
Message 34 of 34

OK.  UI just don't understand what the moderator doesn't get... or understand.... or Grok.

Get this... The sound card is a chip... It is not sheilded properly...  It is located too close to the incoming power.... It is causing the static interference.  Get it?  Understand it?  It is an engineering failure/oversight/compromise.  There is nothing you can do to 'fix' it.  A replacement machine will do the same thing since it is configured the same way.  Get it?  Understand, Mr Moderator?  Grok yet?

Stop telling people to play with their bios.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors